post #31 of 35 Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I saw that ad this afternoon, great price. What are you going to use as a center and surrounds?

I've got a Klipsch Synergy C1 as center channel with two Pioneer SP-BS21-LR shelf fronts, which will be replaced by the Jamo S426 towers. The back speakers, and surround back speakers are the original speakers that came with my HT-S9100THX.

Here's the link for the Pioneer speakers, which retail for $99.99, but I bought them on sale for $49.99!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117405

Here's the link for the Jamo S426 speakers, which are not on sale anymore at Fry's, which are retailing at $349.99, but I bought them on sale for $87.00 dollars.
http://www.frys.com/product/6908967?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oddly enough, Fry's website, which has a $500 price on the S426 HCS3 5-pack, is showing a price of only $70 right now on the S426 towers. If you bought them for $87 in store, you can probably go in and get a store credit slip for the difference, which can also be cashed out.

The retail Fry's and their website act as separate stores, but even if they don't have them on sale for $70 in store, which is hard to imagine given the price for the 5-pack, you could probably get them to match the website, since they match net prices now.

I'm still waiting for the Jamo 5-pack S426 HCS 3 set I got a rain check on for my handicapped neighbor. In my daily call backs to check if they have them in yet I found out they put them on sale yet again, this time for $147.

It's been a bit of a fiasco trying to get a hold of a set this time though. When I checked last Fri, which was the first day they said they might show up, they then said it could be anywhere within another two weeks.

After telling them my friend's receiver's return period is ticking down, they agreed to have the Oregon store send a set they had. A few days later I found out they transferred them to the wrong store.

I called back my store, asked them to transfer me by phone to the Or store, and arranged another set to be sent to. Their AV mgr assured me they would be sent right this time, and should arrive Thur.

I could go in and get another $2-$3 cash back on mine since they dropped price yet again, but it's not worth that small an amount to spend the gas on a separate trip, so I'm waiting until they get another 5-pack in.
post #33 of 35 Old 08-27-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Def Fan View Post

Oddly enough, Fry's website, which has a $500 price on the S426 HCS3 5-pack, is showing a price of only $70 right now on the S426 towers. If you bought them for $87 in store, you can probably go in and get a store credit slip for the difference, which can also be cashed out.
The retail Fry's and their website act as separate stores, but even if they don't have them on sale for $70 in store, which is hard to imagine given the price for the 5-pack, you could probably get them to match the website, since they match net prices now.
I'm still waiting for the Jamo 5-pack S426 HCS 3 set I got a rain check on for my handicapped neighbor. In my daily call backs to check if they have them in yet I found out they put them on sale yet again, this time for $147.
It's been a bit of a fiasco trying to get a hold of a set this time though. When I checked last Fri, which was the first day they said they might show up, they then said it could be anywhere within another two weeks.
After telling them my friend's receiver's return period is ticking down, they agreed to have the Oregon store send a set they had. A few days later I found out they transferred them to the wrong store.
I called back my store, asked them to transfer me by phone to the Or store, and arranged another set to be sent to. Their AV mgr assured me they would be sent right this time, and should arrive Thur.
I could go in and get another $2-$3 cash back on mine since they dropped price yet again, but it's not worth that small an amount to spend the gas on a separate trip, so I'm waiting until they get another 5-pack in.

It's not worth it for me to drive 3.5 hours for $17 dollars. I'll spend more on gas. However, I am trying to see if my wife's friend can buy another set for me since she is coming over this way to visit. biggrin.gif

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #34 of 35 Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 AM

looking maybe in the box system for my samsung un55es6820. i was looking at the samsung product cause i hear it turns off when tv goes out. not sure if others do same. also want capabilities with the same remote. now which would you guys recommend? family has a samsung hwd7000.

i liked something in that but updated bluray and such.
post #35 of 35 Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM

@Gus,
Yeah I didn't notice those were in store only. Still have them for that price though.

@Moto,
Lots of brands have synced on/off capability if you buy more than one component in their brand. While it IS a convenience feature, it's really more of a gimmick to get you to buy more of their brand. Lot's of universal remotes, including ones for under $20, can be programmed to do the same thing.

I'm not a big fan of boxed HT speaker/receiver sets, but if you must go that route, there's one with a Denon receiver and Boston Acoustic speakers that's pretty good. It uses the same receiver Denon sells as their entry level stand alone unit. It depends on budget and the space you have, but if you buy in the 2 or 3 months after the Superbowl, you can get decent receivers for $150 and add a speaker set for $400 - $600 total price.

Whatever you do, don't assume the better name brands have decent sounding HTiB speaker sets, by that I mean the speaker sets by themselves. For instance Definitive Technology makes some decent high end speakers, but a lot of their HTiB speaker sets aren't anywhere near worth what they're charging, like the ProCinema 400 that goes for $600. You'd actually be better off with the Denon/Boston Acoustics set that includes receiver for about the same MSRP, but way less street price. http://www.amazon.com/Denon-DHT-1312BA-Receiver-Acoustics-Surround/dp/B004U40598
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page