First off, I don't know if this is the right subforum, but couldn't find anything "closer" to my needs.
Here's the situation, I have these devices:
- Logitech Z906 speaker set
- Samsung UE46ES6100 LED TV
- xbox 360
- "tv box" (through which we watch regular cable programming)
My question is, what's the best way to hook these things up to the speaker set?
This is the current setup:
- xbox360 HDMI to TV for video, optical to Z906 for audio
- HTPC HDMI to TV for video, optical to Z906 for audio
- TV box: component to TV for video, RCA's to Z906 for audio (due to lack op opticals left)
But this TV also has an optical OUT, so I was wondering if is was better to just hook up all 3 devices with HDMI to the TV, and use the TV's optical out to my Z906.
Would this improve or worsen any audio delays?
Because now I imagine that sending audio and video to different devices can cause some delays (sometimes 0,2 sec I've noticed), so I was wondering if the TV would be smart enough to keep things more in sync if it received both audio and video through HDMI and send the audio through it's optical out itself?