Help with connecting PS3, Surround Sound, and LED-TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-30-2012, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone, this may be a stupid question but I can't seem to figure out the answer. I plan on purchasing a Samsung 55" LED(dumb, not smart) and a PS3 soon. I currently have about a 4 year old Samsung theater system http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/HT-Z310 is the page for the model. The problem I forsee running into is that the TV only has 2 HDMI inputs. I will be connecting a Comcast HD cable box through one HDMI input and the PS3 for the other. I was wondering if there is a way to connect the PS3 through the Samsung unit and somehow have it pass the sound from any blu-ray 5.1 movies to the surround sound system while still playing the hi-def picture? Is my only option to unplug the cable box each time I want to watch blu ray or play PS3?

Connections on the back of the A/V unit are HDMI out...Optical IN...component out, and video/audio out.

I hope that my explanation made sense!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-31-2012, 01:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 405
connect your ps3 to the Samsung home theater using the optical input while also connected to the TV via HDMI.

That will give you sound on your home theater system when playing games or watching movies.

I dont see much of a dilemma. Your PS3 can play DVD's just as well or better than the Samsung home theater, you don't need to connect the Samsung HT to your TV at all for video.

Afro GT
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Speaker Systems , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Blu Ray Players , Ps3 Surround Sound System , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page