Onkyo TX-SR606 HTIB receiver problems whats the best option?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-03-2012, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

Long time reader first post...I have an Onkyo TX-SR606 HTIB system and I believe the daughter board on the receiver is busted. I can not turn the system off cause then it takes an incredibly long time for a signal to even be seen and that is just for one of the inputs. On the other inputs, it is almost impossible to get a signal without constantly restarting the system over and over again or waiting a really long time. It has become pretty much unusable.

I dont know how much it might cost to fix this, would it be worth looking into a new/better receiver? If so, what do I do about the existing speakers? I'm not sure which other receiver would be best compatible. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-03-2012, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by essg88 View Post

Hello,
Long time reader first post...I have an Onkyo TX-SR606 HTIB system and I believe the daughter board on the receiver is busted. I can not turn the system off cause then it takes an incredibly long time for a signal to even be seen and that is just for one of the inputs. On the other inputs, it is almost impossible to get a signal without constantly restarting the system over and over again or waiting a really long time. It has become pretty much unusable.
I dont know how much it might cost to fix this, would it be worth looking into a new/better receiver? If so, what do I do about the existing speakers? I'm not sure which other receiver would be best compatible. Thanks for the input.

Sounds like your HDMI board. This is a known issue with this receiver, bad caps on the board. Call Onkyo, AFAIK, they're still replacing them for free.
essg88 likes this.

Looky here!
post #3 of 3 Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Sounds like your HDMI board. This is a known issue with this receiver, bad caps on the board. Call Onkyo, AFAIK, they're still replacing them for free.
Oh wow, that would be great. I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the info, I'll update with their response.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Sr606 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page