Old parents in there 70's, bought new 3D flat screen tv, need low price HTIAB system with enough inputs/outputs - AVS Forum
Home Theater In A Box > Old parents in there 70's, bought new 3D flat screen tv, need low price HTIAB system with enough inputs/outputs
Donatello2020's Avatar Donatello2020 10:47 AM 09-03-2012
H-E-L-P, been searching for hours on the internet.
My parents are in their 70's and just bought a nice 47" flat screen TV. LG 47LM6400 - 47" 2D/3D Full HD 1080p 120Hz Edge-Lit LED Smart TV with Built-In Wi-Fi.. Looking for a low cost "home theater in a box" so I can hook in the CABLE TV BOX, DVD PLAYER, VCR (yup, they still have one of those!) and WIRELESS SENNHEISER HEADPHONES WITH DOCKING STATION (so my dad can clearly hear the movie at his own volume while the other family members can hear thru the speakers). Since it's a 3D tv, it would have to be compatible with that. My parents DON'T crank the volume so a mega-watt system is definitely NOT necessary although one with an included sound bar would be a plus. Would REALLY prefer under $300 if possible, although I understand I'm asking a lot.. What would you recommend???

Nick_si's Avatar Nick_si 07:03 PM 09-03-2012
well assuming you are in the USA... Fry's seems to have some deals. this one stuck out to me http://www.frys.com/product/7027171?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG Sound bar and a real receiver behind it. try and keep away from TV companies samsung, sony, LG, etc. With the exception of pioneer.

I get the wireless headphone thing my grandpa is the same way.

Unless if they are tech savy in the least bit they will probably use the TV speakers most of the time...
Donatello2020's Avatar Donatello2020 05:55 PM 09-22-2012
Thanks for the reply. I live in Connecticut and the Closest Fry's is in New York, a bit too far. I ended up buying them an Onkyo HTS3500. and I have an issue with it, but will start a new thread in the appropriate forum. Thanks again
Tags: 3d Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Up
Mobile  Desktop