HDMI Audio Split Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys. Hopefully someone can help me here.

My employer is trying to switch a webcasting setup to an HDMI one. Our current set up draws the video from a camera (via RCA) and audio from a mixer (via Stereo RCA), and plugs it into a PC. With the new setup, the video would need to come from the camera (via HDMI) and the audio would need to come from the mixer (via HDMI).

For Audio, I found a cable that is 3 RCA/VGA on one end and HDMI on the other.

For video, we would output HMDI, but that signal would be carrying Audio and Video, using the built in microphone as the Audio source. So I'm thinking that I would have to find an HDMI Audio/Visual Splitter that would allow the HDMI Signal to be split into two HDMI Cables, one carrying Audio and one carrying Video.

At this point, I would have to take the two HDMI cables, one from the camera (Video) and one from the mixer (Audio), and plug these into some sort of HDMI Audio/Visual Combiner that would allow me to output one HDMI cable carrying both signals, and plug that into the computer.

I don't think this is possible, but I wanted to check here before I told them it wouldn't work. Just to clean it up a bit, I put the signal chains below.

Audio:
MIXER (Out via RCA) > (In via HDMI) HDMI AUDIO/VISUAL COMBINER

Video:
CAMERA (Out via HDMI) > (In via HDMI) HDMI AUDIO/VISUAL SPLITTER (Out via 2 HDMI (1 Audio/1 Video)) > (In via HDMI) HDMI AUDIO/VISUAL COMBINER

Both:
HDMI AUDIO/VISUAL COMBINER (Out via HDMI) > (In via HDMI) Computer

Thanks for any ideas you can give,
Josh
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page