Bose V35 alternative - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am retiring my old Yamaha receiver and speakers and getting a new home theater for the living room.

The living room is connected to the kitchen and the whole space is about 18ft X 30ft. The TV viewing area is 18ft X 15ft. The TV is wall mounted and there is no entertainment console below it, my cable box, blue ray player and a computer is behind the wall inside a closet.

I want speakers that are not too big so that they blend in with a minimalist theme I have going, also dont mind buying speakers separately.

I was pretty set on buying the Bose V35. But I find that there is a lot of Bose hate going around. Most comments say that the audio quality is bad for the price. After a discount the price comes to around 2200 $ for me. So is it worth buying for this price ? Are there any alternatives that sound better and look aesthetically pleasing at the same time ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
With that budget you could do a WHOLE lot better than Bose. Start with this magnificent beast right here http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/rx-a820_black_u/?mode=model

Find some good quality speakers from a established manufacturer that fit the form factor you want and when choosing a subwoofer try to stay above the 250 watt range. 100 to 200 watt subwoofers would be a real let down in the size room you're talking about.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 346
You can do WAY better for $2200. And that's probably a $1000 discount? How do they charge that much? Man, they have great marketing.

How large are you willing to go for speakers? You've got a pretty large room so little satellites are not going to do the trick unless you're going for style over substance.

This mirage 5.1 would give you Bose performance for 1/5 the cost.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_653NANO51B/Mirage-Nanosat-5-1-Compact-Home-Theater-Speaker-System.html?tp=184&kw=&org=pla&nw=g&crv=6453699985

But you can do even better for $2200.

Afro GT
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page