HTIB or separates? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello! New to the forums! And don't know jack about AV equipment.

I just bought a Samsung PN60E8000 60" plasma tv (got a great local deal on it). And a Sony BDP-S590 3D Blu Ray player (the only decent one available locally).

Now I'm already thinking that I need better wound. But I don't want to spend a lot of money as I'm far from an audiophile. I just want my movies and sports to sound good. How much do you think I'd have to spend? Could I piece together something decent for $700? Or would I be better with a HTIB? Any recommendations for HTIB's or separates?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Conventional wisdom says that buying separates is always your best bet. However, for $700 you can pick up a very nice HTiB that would probably suit your needs. Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon all make nice HTiBs. Or, you could spend $200 on a decent receiver and the rest on speakers. It's always best to spend more on speakers than the receiver depending on your situation and listening requirements. Bookshelf or floor speakers?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-27-2012, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Conventional wisdom says that buying separates is always your best bet. However, for $700 you can pick up a very nice HTiB that would probably suit your needs. Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon all make nice HTiBs. Or, you could spend $200 on a decent receiver and the rest on speakers. It's always best to spend more on speakers than the receiver depending on your situation and listening requirements. Bookshelf or floor speakers?

No preference between bookshelf or floor speakers. I can accomodate both. Just looking for value! smile.gif

Any suggestions if I wanted to do separates?

Thanks!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page