LOL... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-28-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I got a new Yamaha 6- speaker surround system with my 55" samsung 3D bigscreen in Feb. I immediately had an issue with the volume balance between the dialogue and sound effects. Explosions, bullets, etc were 10 times louder than the speech. If the speech was at the perfect level for me to hear it, the sound effects were way too loud.

I started adjusting some things to get the balance right. The speaker levels, and the manual dial on the back of the subwoofer? More on that later smile.gif. So as I'm enjoying the movies, I hear sounds during quiet parts of the movie. On my right, from the back. My annoying next door neighbors either put a subwoofer against the wall on my right, or were just blasting their system on purpose smile.gif.

It was getting annoying hearing cars reving when theres just two people having a quiet conversation on my screen smile.gif. I could have just turned the volume way up-as I did a couple times when I got angry smile.gif-but then its too loud for me. As one last ditch effort to find something to adjust to drown out their noise, I went to check on that manual dial on the back of the subwoofer biggrin.gif...and thats when I remembered that I messed with that when I was trying to get the speech/effects balance.

The dial was almost to zero biggrin.gif! So I cranked that up, and now all of a sudden theres a TON more KICK to the system, explosions, bullets, and earthquakes bounce off the entire living room biggrin.gif! Their noise was coming from a spot on the wall towards the back where my 2 surround speakers were, so I put the one on my right, right in front of that spot biggrin.gif! Then I adjusted the surround speaker level to the MAX. I could BARELY hear their noise after that biggrin.gif! I put in blu rays that I knew had some kick, like the Avengers war at the end of the movie, and Ghost Rider, Spirit of Vengence biggrin.gif!

This is the funny part biggrin.gif...now, they dont crank their system up like they usef to biggrin.gif! The manual subwoofer adjustment overpowered their system, so they've put up the white flag biggrin.gif! Either they moved that speaker or woofer off that wall, or they turned it down biggrin.gif! Whatever they did, they are way less intrusive when I'm listening to some important dialogue in a silent portion of the movie biggrin.gif!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page