Onkyo ht-s3300 5.1or Avx-290? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Onkyo HT-S3300 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package or Onkyo AVX-290 5.1-Channel Home Theatre Receiver/Speaker Package? What will give me the better bang for the buck?
This will be used for the master bedroom movies and games. Also looking into the Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home theater speaker system. Pros and cons?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P View Post

Onkyo HT-S3300 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package or Onkyo AVX-290 5.1-Channel Home Theatre Receiver/Speaker Package? What will give me the better bang for the buck?
This will be used for the master bedroom movies and games. Also looking into the Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home theater speaker system. Pros and cons?
Thanks

What did you end up going with? Woot.com had the AVX-290 yesterday for 199.99. I recommended it to someone I only know via AVS Forum and he ended up buying it! Now if it sucks my name is mud!!! rolleyes.gif Anyway it seemed like a good deal. Curious to know your decision and how the experience turned out.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 PM

I got the Woot deal for the AVX-290 and set it up yesterday. So far so good! Although, I'm not really surround sound smart. Any recommendations for optimal sound from the speakers, i.e. settings for the subwoofer and center levels?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page