Klipsch HDT600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, new here, just trying to get some peace of mind on recent purchases. . . . Well a few days ago i went out and impulsively bought the Bose cinemate GS series ii speakers, after installing and hearing for a few days i decided i wanted some sound behind me. after doing my research i realized i had overpaid for that Bose. i returned the Bose and decided to give the Klipsch a try, What do you guys think? for that amount of money ($800 ish) could i get more or did i over pay for the Klipsch too... the Klipsch actually was only 600 but i spend another 200 on a yamaha receiver (yamaha-rx-v373). so after setting it up i am content at the sound and bass. I have 30 days to return if i find something better "bang for buck".... so, any comments, suggestions?

**ALSO** i dont have a "quote on quote" entertainment system so i just mounted the receiver on top of the sub, think that would cause any damage to either the sub or receiver? lol.... pls excuse my ignorance on the subjects...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

ALSO, i have a rather large living area (20' x 15' x 12' ceiling) which is probably why the bose didnt work, and its my first system so im looking for something good but sort of inexpensive.... maybe later ill drop big bucks on a bad ass system
post #3 of 3 Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 PM

Please remove the receiver from the top of the sub, Yes you can damage the reciever from all the vibration and your sound quality will also be hindered due to said vibration. If you have the Klipsch HDT 600 (5.1 home theater in a box system that retails around $600) hooked up to the Rx-v373 then you have made a wise decision (especially for the price point), If you want to step up your sonic experience then I would suggest getting a 7.1 receiver (see Yamaha RX-v673 and up).
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Klipsch Hdt 600 Home Theater Speaker System

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page