Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1 - Does it work with the IPOD classic? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

I got the Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1 HTIB system last week and I set it up this last weekend.

I have an old IPOD from 2007/2008...which is a 80 GB IPOD classic with the color screen and the click wheel ( no touch). I could not get the receiver to recognize it when I plug it in the USB slot. It says connecting at first..but then the receiver says no storage connected.
I could play Music from a seagate hard drive just fine...so I know the USB port works...It's just that I cant make it to work with my IPOD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-07-2013, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik23 View Post

Hi Guys,
I got the Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1 HTIB system last week and I set it up this last weekend.
I have an old IPOD from 2007/2008...which is a 80 GB IPOD classic with the color screen and the click wheel ( no touch). I could not get the receiver to recognize it when I plug it in the USB slot. It says connecting at first..but then the receiver says no storage connected.
I could play Music from a seagate hard drive just fine...so I know the USB port works...It's just that I cant make it to work with my IPOD.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

What does the Onkyo manual say? That is an old iPod and I don't know if you can just plug it directly into the USB port. Some iPod compatible receivers have a special dock adapter for use with iPods.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

According to the manual, the receiver should work with the IPOD classic. It says to go in the "USB" mode first and then connect the cable. I might have connected the cable first and then switched to USB mode...so I am not sure if that will change anything. I will go home and try it that way tonight...
post #4 of 6 Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok. Sounds like it's just a little communication sequence error.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

That did not work... :/... I see that my IPOD screen lights up when I plug in the cable so it is seeing the USB connection. It's just that the receiver does not bring it up.

I read that the USB device should support mass storage. I am not sure if the old IPOD classic supported that? ....and if it does differ to the new ones in that aspect. I have been trying to find some answers online but haven't been able to find any so far.

Maybe I should try getting the latest FW on my IPOD and see if it changes anything.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm, I have an old scroll wheel iPod so maybe I'll take a look at it. I know there was a setting you could do on the iPod to make it a portable storage device but I don't remember where it's at. I think you have to do it thru iTunes when you sync. It could be your Onkyo as well. I'd give them a call.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Onkyo Ht S9400thx 7 1 Channel Network A V Receiver Speaker Package
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page