Scored A STeal of Deal on HTIB BUT I need Help to MAXIMIZE The Setup.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you don't wanna read this entire post, this basically sums up what I'm lookin for..

KNOWING my room setup and what I will be using HOW would you pro's and experts set it up exactly?

Long story short, College kid in danger of being evicted from his studio apartment for having too much boom for the room, results in me scoring an "ALMOST NEW" Onkyo HT-S3400 5.1 Home Theater System-Brand New Condition, 3D Capable - for $155 off Craigslist. He never even unpacked much less unpacked the Rear speakers as he didn't have the room in his tiny studio apartment.. the whole thing was in PRISTINE condition..

Anyways I want to do this right...

Hardware:

Sony NX8 HDTV
Sony PS3 80gb(the fat one, last of the backwards compatible models)
Sony Upscaler DVD system
1 PC connected via the VGA hookup and the stereo out plug from pc to TV.

thats pretty much it, I mean I will on occasion love to throw in a classic nes or snes or even a sega.. but mainly its the ABOVE 4.. oh and the sound system

Onkyo HT-S3400

My living room is on the 1st floor with the basement directly beneath and bedrooms above it...

Living Room Size: 20.0 x 13.0

So what I'm looking for is PLACEMENT and setup ideas from you the experts.. I have never even setup a sound system so I guess I'm a rookie but I have read up on it and have combed thru this forum for quite some time..

things I'm looking for.

1. Any maximize tips on the actual hookups?
2. would different speaker cables help?
3. Best way to connect rear speakers? i.e. don't wanna trip on the speaker wire.
4. sub placement? best location for maximum effect?

ect, ect..

I guess to sum it up.. KNOWING my room setup and what I will be using HOW would you pro's and experts set it up exactly?

I am EXTREMELY excited and I cannot wait!!

I thank you all in advance for any tips and advice!!

oNe
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page