Onkyo LS3100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I looked at a Onkyo LS3100 today at HHgreg. Looked like a very nice 2.1 setup. Sounded way better then the Bose Cinemate GS series 2.
Can anyone recommend a better small Home theater in a box besides these two?smile.gifsmile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM

Interested to know about this as well. Was previously eyeing the HTX-22HDX, but then I saw this one.

Thanks!
post #3 of 3 Old 01-10-2014, 12:28 AM

Just to share, gotten my Onkyo 2.1 LS3100. Have to declare I know nuts about good clear sound quality. Its based on my personal preference

Pros:
1. Good sounds especially on Vocal setting. Music sound great on Vocal and Movies really have that impact on Normal setting. (see Con #1)
2. Bluetooth is seamless
3. Clean setup especially with the wireless sub.
4. The speaker stands are very innovative. You can choose to mount them, or place them vertically/horizontally.
5. Crazy loud sounds from 2 small speakers. Definitely fills my living room
6. Kept my Onkyo remote in the box already. As the speakers are automatically turned on when the TV is on. And also volume & sound mode can be configured to work with my TV's remote. Real useful for me

Cons:
1. Only 2 sound settings - Vocal & Normal. Normal is mainly used for movies to provide then omph and surround. However i personally think the dialogue is bit compromised. There is no "in-between" settings. Its my personal complain cos my wife feels its ok.
2. The bass is crazy. The settings range from -10 to 10. I'm practically on -10 all the way.
3. The speaker wires that are provided are white. Its a little distracting considering the entire setup is black. And now i have this rather thick white cable running to both ends of my console type. Not sure if i should or can replace them.

I tried the BOSE Cinemate GS II at the demo room. Honestly (based on an audio idiot's gut), there is no difference. The 50% savings feels good though.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page