thinking about updgrading my system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-06-2013, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I currently have an Onkyo S4100 HTIB. I am wanting to upgrade and get a better receiver that has HDMI in/out so I can simplify things and get a better overall setup.

I am thinking about getting a Yamaha RX-V373 receiver and a set of MLT-2 speakers. Comes out to around $570 on Amazon. Or I was also looking at the Onkyo 414 receiver and the Energy Take Classic speakers. This combo would be around $630.

Opinions? Is the Onkyo/Energy setup worth the higher price? And what else would I need to purchase to complete the setup? I'm guessing some banana plugs seeing as how these setups don't use the spring clips like my current 4100 does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 241
I have the RX-V371 and have been very happy with it. There's not much difference between the 371 and the 373. The MLT-2s or the Energy's would be a nice complement to it if you want/need to stay with the bookshelf-sized speakers. I'm thinking on upgrading to the MLT-2s for my system because of the bigger drivers. The Yamaha has binding post connectors so wired speakers will work unless you want to add banana plugs.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page