What HTIB would you buy for music? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2013, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello. I created a similar thread a while back, but thought I would post it again and focus on music. I've been thinking about buying a HTIB lately, but I'm looking to spend 300 at the most, which probably is not that good. I might be able to spend 600, but until around September or October. I don't really like watching movies, and would use the HTIB mostly for music games on the Xbox 360, watching music videos, and listening to music.

What HTIB do you think would be good just for music? I'm open to buying a receiver, and speakers separately if it means I'll get better sound. I'm not an audiophile, so anything will probably sound good to me. Right now I'm impressed with the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers for the computer. The Yamaha YHT-597 is appealing to me because of AirPlay, but the price is close to the Onkyo S9400THX now. These are both in the 500 - 600 range, so if I decide for these I'd just have to keep looking everyday online to find a deal and spend a less amount of money.

What do you guys think would be best suited for music? I would like surround sound for TV shows too, but would probably use it most for music and maybe for movies that have nice music. I enjoyed the Tron movie mostly because of the music. haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 AM

Liked: 12
Hello, I have a suggestion which you have probably seen before. Start with two big speakers and then add on later. Here is an example http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/BOSA250WHA/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-A250-2-Way-Dual-5.25in-Floor-Standing-Speaker-EA-White/1.html?c=ss those are 200 for the pair. What a bargin!!!! then return to Accessories4less and find a receiver that has the features you want. There should be plenty for under 200 and now you are at 400 with a very good stereo system. Then you start your hunt for the rest of the speakers. I visit garage sales and goodwill stores. you can usually find a deal on some random speaker pairs or a center channel. For example in the last week I found a pair of dirty Bose 301s for $10 and a CV center for $30.

The main point is that this is the best way to accomplish a great sounding system. If your focus truly is for music these speakers will rock!!!

post #3 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you very much for the reply. biggrin.gif Wow those are good finds. :O

Do you have these speakers?
post #4 of 4 Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 PM

Liked: 12
I don't personally, my father has an older version with two 5.25 woofers, its quite a nice sounding speaker and he paid over $700 for the pair. No matter what you are going to get better music out of bigger speakers than tiny satellites. I do have the Klipsch 2.1 and those full size speakers clearly surpass them in almost every category. You might find that these speakers lack real low hard hitting bass as any 2.1 system has a dedicated subwoofer (though some may argue most satellite system subs are pretty weak).

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page