Home theater audio system recommendation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2013, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I am setting up a home theater in my new house. I have already bought a projector and a screen with help from people in the projector section of the forum. As I am completely new to all this and don't know anything about audio or video I asked someone I know to recommend a good sound system for my room. Following are the things he recommended:

- Polk Audio TSI500 front speakers
- Polk Audio TSI200 surround
- Polk Audio TSI100 back surround
- Polk Audio CSIA20 center
- Polk Audio PSW550 woofer
- Yamaha RXV2067 or Onkyo TXNR3010 receiver

Are these components any good? Also is there anything else you guys would recommend? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 PM

I won't be able to answer any questions but what would probably help someone else is if you gave more information.

Budget, room size, viewing distance, and projector/screen you brought.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:52 PM

Liked: 11
I have never been a big fan of the Polk's that you are looking at. I owned the RTi12's a couple years ago, and they were really flat and never had much for highs. Polk's sub-woofers also always seem to bottom out when you really try to push them. From the questions you asked, I would tell you that you have more receiver than you need in the Onkyo 3010, but dropping down to a 1010, and upping the budget on the speakers would be a great idea. I definitely like the Onkyo more than the Yamaha. The Yamaha receivers have always been harsh and over processed in their sound quality. They are too complicated and have a ton of features that you will never use. The Onkyo will run circles around it in sound quality. I think if you are happy in the price range of the Polk's, you should take a listen to the Reference line of Klipsch. I think you will get more bang for the buck.

Check out our website, and come check out our showroom. http://www.crossoveravs.com
Klipsch, Sonos, JVC, Onkyo, Martin Logan, KEF, JVC, Salamander Designs, Parasound, and more!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 AM

Whats your budget and what quality are you looking for? I would maybe go with 6 of these and the center while they are on sale for 100$ a pair.
http://www.polkaudio.com/products/tsi100

How big is the room?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Hey guys thanks for your help. I went to a store in my area and listened to klipsch and Polk audio speakers. I am not an expert but the klipsch sounded better so I think I'll go with klipsch. Thanks tapout for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 PM

Liked: 12
Ahh you like a horn tweeter. Many people do and many people don't lol. Now you know smile.gif