How to sync Plasma with Home Theater system (Video too early) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a TC-P50G15 plasma TV and recently bought Panasonic's SC-BTT195 home theater system. Unfortunately, I'm having a heck of a time syncing the audio up with the video. My plasma TV has virtually no video lag, but the AV's internal processing is causing the audio on most of my content to come out late. I have looked everywhere for advice, but without success.

Everywhere I go talks about VIDEO lag and how to solve it, but that is not my problem. I have AUDIO lag and need to either A) Somehow reduce the audio lag even more, or B) Add a slight video delay so that it's more synced to the audio.

I have the delay on my AV set to 0 (I have tried Auto, with similar results), so it's processing things as quickly as possible, but it's still noticeably later than the video I'm watching. If there's anything else I can do to make it process the info even faster, I'm all ears.

I was also thinking that adding a delay to the video on my TV might help, but I don't think my TV supports this feature. I've checked the manual and didn't see anything like that. The firmware on the TV and the AV is up to date as of about 1 month back (the last time I had them updated).

I have my Xbox (my primary media device) connected via HDMI to my TV, which then sends the Digital Out to the AV. I bought this Panasonic home theater specifically because I thought it would work well with my plasma TV. Unfortunately, I seem to have been very incorrect with that assumption.

Any ideas, suggestions, or leads on this issue? Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 05:58 PM

What i think is the problem is that your TV is slowing down your audio signal, not your av equipment. Your tv is acting like a pass through of your digital audio signal, but not a very good one. What i would recommend is directly connecting your xbox to your home theater with digital out. There are many ways to do this, but since you want to use digital out, i would recommend this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FptCB_3DOz4
post #3 of 5 Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I have 4+ devices connected to my TV that I use regularly (the Xbox is just the most used device). I used to have a simple stereo system hooked up via Red/White RCA from my TV and I didn't get any audio delay issues. This could be due to it being stereo and not 5.1, but I don't know. I'll see what I can do about hooking these devices directly into my home theater system.

If anyone else has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Try testing your source devices one at a time by connecting optical directly from the source device to the HTIB. If that resolves the lag problem for each device then you'll know the TV is causing the issue. If everything works that way, you could get an optical switch to connect you devices and then run a single optical to the HTIB. Does your TV support ARC? If so you might try that, although if the TV is the culprit I'd expect the lag would happen on ARC just as it does on optical.

Are you seeing/hearing a lag when you use the built-in BD player or the apps on the HTIB?
post #5 of 5 Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

Are you seeing/hearing a lag when you use the built-in BD player or the apps on the HTIB?
I only have 1 Blu Ray movie (I'm a digital guy), but I will use it and see if it's delayed at all.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page