Bose v35 and multiroom Setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-09-2013, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I have a client whos old bose system died on them and they replaced it with a v35 without consulting me first. Their old bose system supported their multiroom setup with no extra remotes or configuration. They had an rca out from the bose into a 3rd party multiroom amp. Now with the v35 i connected the 9 pin boselink cable to the rca in on the multiroom amp and got no sound to the other rooms. So with some searching I found that I needed a bose rc53s remote to "activate" sound over the boselink cable. I did the Room O setup on the rc35s remote as suggested in another thread. Heres the kicker, the only sound that plays is the fm/am radio. I have all hdmi going into the v35 and 1 hdmi out going to the tv. After spending an hour on the phone with bose going through the setup of the rc35s remote the tech suggested rca cables be used to connect every device to the v35 thatd id like sound playing through the house. In addition bose will be sending a PMC III remote in exchange for the RC35s remote.

So my question, will they be able to get the same sound through out the house on the 3rd party multi room amp? I.E. a movie is on in the living room and it can be heard through on all speakers through out the whole house?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-10-2013, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
and yes i know the b-word is a bad word around these parts however the thread below gave me some good advice on the rc53s remote

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1377060/anyone-out-there-with-bose-ls135-or-v35-systems-audio-out-question
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page