auditioning systems help... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So looking into my first system and need a little guidance. I recently purchased the yammy ysp-2200 for audition and decided I didn't like it. I will be returning it tomorrow to audition the bose cinemate series ll which is on sale and hoping there might be an open box lol. After those I might be willing to go a little deeper by using bookshelf speakers and a reciever. I noticed some nice looking mini energy veritas speakers $300 for the pair then maybe a sony strdh820 receiver $349 should I add the mini veritas center channel $319?

Totally not sure what I am doing, I am just looking for super small to fit my application. I have a couple pictures posted of my tv and console along with limiting measurements if you check my other thread...

Thanks

Btw all components will be purchased fom either futureshop canada or bestbuy canada. Its easy to check them out purchase audition and return if need be...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 PM

It might help us to know why you didn't like the Yamaha.

I am totally curious why you can't put *ahem* "Real" speakers near your TV? If you are looking for stellar sound quality and thats why you returned the Yammy unfortunately you wont find it 8.5 in high and stuffed into a cubby... thats not how sound works.

I know it might be a risk but look for some other audio stores in your area... it shouldn't be too hard to find a Paradigm dealer... I am pretty sure they make a wicked sound bar. It will probably take up the whole cubby though... not a huge deal just find somewhere else to put the rest of the gear (a closet... under the stairs) run the wires and use an IR repeater. If only it were that easy to hide speakers lol.

post #3 of 6 Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_si View Post

It might help us to know why you didn't like the Yamaha.

I am totally curious why you can't put *ahem* "Real" speakers near your TV? If you are looking for stellar sound quality and thats why you returned the Yammy unfortunately you wont find it 8.5 in high and stuffed into a cubby... thats not how sound works.

I know it might be a risk but look for some other audio stores in your area... it shouldn't be too hard to find a Paradigm dealer... I am pretty sure they make a wicked sound bar. It will probably take up the whole cubby though... not a huge deal just find somewhere else to put the rest of the gear (a closet... under the stairs) run the wires and use an IR repeater. If only it were that easy to hide speakers lol.

2 three year olds and a 9 month old is why. I don't want towers cause they will detroy them with crayons markers toys through cones ect. ect. I am also looking for simple cause I don't want to run wires through walls and pay for some guy to come in to run a bunch of stuff. My room is huge and irregular shaped with no 100% solid walls due to doors always open. I have one wall to left like 9' then wall to right like 15'. The rear wall is like 25' but it has french doors always open into the toy room and next to it is the stairs up. Next to that is a bath which is closer to tv by like 7' and next to that is the utility room with door open for dogs. There is no place to put speakers behind or in ceiling unless I want some random speakers just hanging in the middle of nowhere.

As for the yammy I liked it ok just not enough for $799 + tax. The sub was nonexistent and the virtual surround didn't work cause room was too big or irregularly shaped to bounce for 5.1/7.1 sound. Plus I felt the sound could have been cleaner or at least better in some way for $800.

I don't know of any other stores and I picked the ones I did for simplicity and ease of purchase/return for auditioning.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-18-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Wow just got home with the cinemate series ll set it up and turned on I am legend. From the get go this system is apples to oranges leaps and bounds in a different league as far as sound goes superior...on top of that it is technically $450 cheaper lol.

I did check out some bookshelves center channel subs and receiver that all looked and sounded nice in the store. However I will give this system its 30 audition but not sure this one is going back...
Tom White likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter

So far so great! This system is perfect for my needs not sure why all the hate. Its cheap simple and sounds wonderful...
Tom White likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 AM

This is exactly why we tell people to audition for themselves!!!! I can almost guarantee that no one would have ever recommended this Bose set for you over the Yammy... But you enjoy it more therefore it IS the better product for you.
Tom White likes this.

Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page