New 7.1 advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-21-2013, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, looking for some advice please. I'm in the market to redo my HT speaker set up for ~$2000. I have owned the Bose Acoustimass 10 system for 7 or so years and have finally had enough...

Recently upgraded to:
Samsung UN65ES6500
Onkyo TX-NR818

Room size is 19x17 (open), trey ceiling from 9 to 10'. I currently have the Bose satellites mounted in the four corners, with some cheap Klipsch flush wall mount surrounds buried in the middle of the room in the trey drop down. Mostly looking for home theatre experience as the room is TV/Movie 80%, music 20% (streaming radio or apple),

I like the small size of the Bose, and would like to stay on the smaller size. Looking to add L/R fronts that can be tower or bookshelf, front high or wides that will go in the upper corners, rears, center and sub. The Onkyo will handle the 7.1 and up 9.1 if I run a pair of speakers off an external amp.

The significant other likes the sleek glossy black or darker wood if I go with towers. The ash black wood grain is not go to pass upper managements approval... Have been looking for the last couple weeks, but the sheer amount of choices have locked me up. Interested in hearing your opinions, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-22-2013, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I would definitely look into the Paradigm Monitor series. Very easy to drive, lots of ways of mixing/matching (they have micro speakers in the line all the way up to massive towers). For $2K, you can easily get a 7.1 Monitor system with money left over. I'd go with two Monitor 9's and Center 3 up front, two Atoms for the sides and two Mini's for the rear, with a PDR-100 Sub.

http://paradigm.com/products/products-by-series/monitor-speakers

I like Atlantic Technology alot too, but they would probably be in the $3k price range.

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
post #3 of 4 Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 AM

+1
Paradigm monitors
post #4 of 4 Old 03-23-2013, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely check out the Paradigm.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page