Need HELP Picking Out My Speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-26-2013, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I REALLY NEED HELP DECIDING ON SPEAKERS, I'm a newbie

I have been told that my Boston PV700 sub will be better than most subs that come in surround sounds speaker systems, so unless that is wrong I am looking for a 5.0 speaker set. What I need is help buying one! I've seen a few, and these are just what I have come across. Please feel free to suggest other speakers or tell me something I've listed is complete crap.

Before I start I'll give you a bit of information about my tastes, room, and budget: My room is (it's small, it's a small bedroom not a entertainment room, but it's the only place that is mine to fully customize as I'm only 16) 106in Wide x 120in Long x 8ft tall ceilings.

As for my listening tastes, I'm all over. I love to watch movies, so bass for action is needed along with good sounding voice (I'm sure theres a name for that in av world but I'm just getting into home theater, although I'm great with tech so I should pick up on this) for sports and dialogue of movies. Then music taste is wide too. I like alternative indie music that goes light on bass and hits those high notes, but I equally and honestly love the hard hitting rap just as much. I know weird music choices but it's what I am

My budget for Speakers and Receiver combined is right around $800. I'm not quite sure on which receiver I will buy but it will be in the $400-600 most likely. So if you have anything that you think would be so much more amazingly better but excedes that let me know still but I'd like to stick with that if I can. Mainly because it's what I've got right now.

Okay so some speakers I've found are:
1. Energy Take Classic 5.0 - http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Take-Classic-Pack-Theater/dp/B0021L9BME/ref=sr_1_4?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1364349097&sr=1-4

2. Jamo S 426 HCS 3 WENGE 5.0 (Which I thought would be nice because it has floor standing speakers which I've heard give better sound generally than satellites) - http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-426-HCS-WENGE-5-Piece/dp/B003GGXGU6/ref=sr_1_5?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1364349097&sr=1-5

3. Polk Audio RM85 - http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-5-Channel-Theater-System/dp/B000ZKNW82/ref=sr_1_56?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1364349468&sr=1-56

4. Polk Audio TL150 - http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TL150-Speaker-5-pack/dp/B0043M666I/ref=sr_1_71?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1364349504&sr=1-71

So those are the ones I've noticed mostly. I saw one from Klipsch and one from Fluance but wasn't sure.
If theres any that you think would suit me better again feel free to tell me.

Thanks!

Eli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 PM

Liked: 10
I think you would do well to check out the new HT set from Pioneer.
Don't remember the model info but the LCR is called (interestingly enough) a BS-22 or something similar.
They received great reviews from home theater magazine and you may find their review at hometheatermag.com.
MSRP is around 5-600 dollars and I think it includes a sub.

Good hunting!

malvrich
post #3 of 3 Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 PM

Liked: 15
Newegg have the Polk monitor line on sale now
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page