Bose LifeStyle 38 Replacement - Better Choice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had BOSE lifestyle 38 for about 7 years now. I have few complaints about its performance but overall an OK experience. Now I have media center broken and BOSE is offering 50% off if I want to upgrade to new one as customer satisfaction or whatever(ofcourse fix existing one for ~$200). Comparable I am looking at Life Style v25.

Reading all the articles in this forums, BOSE is all Hype and no value for Money. I spend some time to come up with AVR + Speaker Combo which sounds like a killer but costs ~$2500.

Yamaha - RX-A1020 7.2 channel Receiver
Front - Polk TSI 400
Center - Polk CS20
Rear - Polk TSI 200
Sub - PSW 125

While I tend to believe from sound performance perspective Yamaha + Polk is going to blow my mind but for half the price is Bose V25 a good comparable option?

Is there a system that I can build for $1250 comparable to LifeStyle V25 system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 63
You could build one of these for about $1.25 and it would be comparable to a Bose V25

post #3 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 63
You're on the right track with the components you picked, maybe you could just scale it back a bit to fit your budget.

That Receiver is an absolute beast. You could get a Yamaha RX-V model for about half the cost that would be more than capable of driving those speakers. Even the RX-A720 would save you about $200. The speakers you picked out seem reasonably priced for what you are getting. If you did a little digging around the internet you may be able to find them on sale or even find something comparable for a little less.

Your next option would be to look into package deals (AKA HTIB) that include a separate AVR and speakers. Stay away from those all-inclusive HTIB's that have a blu-ray integrated into the receiver, you will get much better performance from a standalone AVR. Check out Yamaha, Denon, & Onkyo they all have packages that should fit your budget and would absolutely blow away the Bose system.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 235
+1
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page