Upgrade from HTIS100 to BDV-N790W or wait for BDV-N7100W? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-12-2013, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the Sony HTIS100.

It's been great but I'm finding the lack of support of 3D signals to be an annoyance.

Due to this lack of support, my 3D Blu-ray player is connected to the HTIS100 using coax.
I'm using a harmony remote to turn HDMI CEC off on the HTIS100 when using the blu ray player so I can set the TV to the HDMI input of my 3D Blu-ray player.

This means I have to hold the remote at the TV for a while for all the automatic button presses and it has also meant on occasion, I'm having to select Dolby 5.1 on blu rays that don't have DTS by default but just LPCM audio tracks.

Now I'm looking to upgrade my sound system, to one that supports 3D and one with bigger speakers.

Currently I'm looking at the BDV-N790W, but have a few queries:

By skipping all inputs other than HDMI 1, can I rely on HDMI CEC to set the N790 to TV if I select an HDMI input on the TV?

E.g. If I have the N790 connected to my N723 using the HDMI with ARC, will the N790 change to TV when ever choosing an input other than the input the N790 is connected to?

By having a limited function list on the N790, e.g. Skipping all inputs other than HDMI1, will the TV ARC still work and will switching to and from HDMI 1 just be 2 presses of Function (one displaying the input, the next changing it?)

Basically I only have one HDMI device (Mac mini) that I'd want connected to the BDV-N790W, and want to rely on HDMI CEC to change to TV whenever changing the TV's input.

My final query is, should I wait for the newer N7100W?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page