Question : LG BH9530TW - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got mine today smile.gif pretty amazing. A coffin sized box with heavy speakers in it, it's quite unexpected.

To the question : I have several movies with DTS 5.1 audio, and I have copied them to my USB.
However, when I plugged the USB to my player, the video and audio works, but I think the audio is only 2.1. I am perfectly sure that the original file had DTS 5.1 with it.

And then I pressed "audio" button on my remote, it shows that it only recognized dts 2.1.
So I turned on the 3D sound mode (in the remote). It sounds .. Quite better, yet less clarity.
The problem is, the dialogue is unhearable. Its only kaboom here bang there and the characters seems like they whisper.

So are there any solution? I still dont get it why LG wont recognize the dts 5.1 audio.

Ps : I'm new to audio / video tech. Been trying to google for the last w2 hours and came up with nothing with this issue. Its a whole different language on a/v tech :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-20-2013, 02:22 PM

Where you see it display 2.1 you should be able to press left and change it to 5.1

in other words hit the appropriate information or menu button and it you get a menu where you can turn subs on and off, jump to a point in the movie and it shows what kind of sound is playing - scroll down to that and then cycle through to 5.1 dts.

If that is not available then you should try updating the firmware/software. I would also check the movie has DTS on your pc when you play it.

Hope that helps.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-20-2013, 02:25 PM

The sound button is different to what i am describing by the way. Go to the on screen menu to find the place to change the audio output.

You could also try upping the sound on the centre speaker it might be set to low.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page