Help! PS3 to Samsung HT-in-a-box optical-in sound problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-27-2013, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, thanks for reading this. I'm an AV noob and I don't know who to turn to other than the gurus on this forum.

The setup:
TV - Samsung UN60D6420UFXZC
Home theatre in a box - Samsung AH63-02244A
PS3

I want to have surround sound on my PS3, so I connect it to my HT in a box via optical and the video to TV through HDMI. When I do that, the sound plays for a few seconds then it stops for a few seconds (disabling Anynet+ or setting the TV speaker settings to external doesn't seem to make a difference, using a different optical cable doesn't either). I suspect the audio signal is jumping to different channels by itself as there is a slight popping noise when the sound comes back in or out.

After many days of trial and error, I am able to get sound continuously playing by disconnecting the HT in a box to the TV, so that they don't know each other exists. However, the sound is only playing in 2.0 (or maybe 2.1, not sure but I don't think it makes a difference in solving the problem).

Keep in mind that this setup works perfectly fine with the exception of a Vizio TV instead of the Samsung.

Once again, thank you! Hope someone here can help smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-27-2013, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Update. Sound is playing in surround but not 2.0 or 2.1 as previously mentioned when HT in a box is disconnected from TV.
Reply Home Theater In A Box