HT-S9400THX Sound Dropping Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recently my system seems to drop all sound no matter the input or even a test sound from the receiver. I have the latest firmware on the unit as well. I have tried powering off and unplugging for an extended period of time and this sometimes works. I also have done a factory reset which did not work. There has been no power surges to the system as far as I know. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. There is another sound issue that might be related but I just chalked it up to an HDMI handshake issue. Sometimes when I turn on my computer connected through the receiver on before the receiver the sound does not play but if I power it off than back on it will. Not as big a deal as completely no sound.

I still have a warranty on this for another 2 years. So I am not really worried about impending repair costs but is there something that anyone of you have seen to fix this issue or even have the same issue?

Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-07-2013, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What are you using to connect your comp to the receiver?
post #3 of 4 Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

I use hdmi to connect but before that I had an optical connection. I double checked the speaker wire connections non are shorting. I can not run the Audyssey setup if I try it will just say "waiting". I can select sound modes but to no avail. I had done most of the steps out of the troubleshooting no sound steps out of memory and reread it this morning none of those options helped.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-06-2013, 02:50 PM

hi, i ran the speaker setup using the supplied odyssey mic.and error was displayed. (left,raight and center speaker error) , and i don´t now why.may explain me, how fix this error.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Onkyo Ht S9400thx 7 1 Channel Network A V Receiver Speaker Package
Gear in this thread - S9400thx by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page