New House, New Home theater :) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys !

I've been following a lot of threads since about a month now because I wanted to know what were the pro's opinions on Hd TV and Home theater

For my Tv im 99.9% dead settle on the Panasonic S60 60" since in Canada here I cant get the S64 but thats another story.

So After a lot of reading I was easily able to choose an Hd TV, but the same thing cant be said for my audio system smile.gif

So I decied to create my own thread and talk about my case and see if I can get any help with that biggrin.gif

Here we go, so 1st my dedicated amusement room (well 2nd after bedroom smile.gif )

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2015/hometheater.jpg (focus on the audio room hehe thanks)

My Plasma TV will be hung on the wall with http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004G40L14 (Left wall in that room)

For my equipments under the TV on the floor I will be using something similar to

http://i-store.walmart.ca/images/WMTCNPE/139/616/1139616_Enlarged_1.jpeg (I just havent found anything 100% to my liking yet)

Sooooo.... ! What only remain is the sound system !

My budget is around 2000-2500$

I will be using this system for about 60% Games and 40% Movies, Animes, Series

I want a really good and clear sound for the average moments in the movie but I also want a huge punch with the explosions

Most of the time its 1 or the other... You either get a huge punch in the chest when things explode but you dont hear **** when they just talk normally.

So thats 1 thing

I also like tower speakers and I think they should fit perfectly in that room

Im looking for a 5.1 and later 7.1 system

Keep in mind that i'm mostly a noob in the " Audio Language " most of the time I was scratching my head trying to figure out what you guys were writting in the forum wink.gif

So here we go, if i missed anything make sure to ask me

And THANKS a lot for taking time to answer back smile.gif

Edlt: I can buy separately or 1 complete kit depending on you guys opinions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-03-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
I would recommend posting in the speaker section. With a budget of $2k - $2.5k you can buy seperate pieces and get way better quality than a HTIB.

If you say $2.5k is your max I would spend $1k on speakers, $1k on subs, and $500 on AVR. I have a 7.2 setup with towers as fronts and spent about $2.5k and divided like that and I'm amazed at what I got.

Shawn
post #3 of 3 Old 06-03-2013, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Alright Will do ! THanks a lot and feel free to post in my new thread if you got an amazing system that I could also get ! biggrin.gif

Admin can delete this thread, i will post it in Speakers section

Thanks !
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page