Need help to setup DTS sound from pc to home theater to led tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-06-2013, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone, i need some help because i just bought my new home theater samsung ht-e5550 and i have samsung led tv and very good pc, i'm watching my bluray movies from pc so i connected a pc from my graphic card with hdmi to my BR home theater becuase it has hdmi input and BR home theater to led tv with hdmi. so i want to use all that sound functions that BR home theater have and have excellent sound, when i open BR movie in vlc i have an option to change in audo devices called A/52 over S/PDIF and sound is excellent but when playing music on windows media player or playing games it has stereo sound, what i do wrong, do i need to buy that toslink optical cabel or somethnig to have dts al the time or hdmi can do that and all i need is just adjusting? thx smile.gif

edit: i adjust movies in vlc and the kmp player that they are dts but music is stereo in wmp, what's the deal?
and in movies when they speak the sound comes only from center and those 4 big speakers are for the effects, can i change that i can hear voice from actors in other speakers, i could do that on old sony dvd home theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Music is usually recorded in stereo. If you want to listen in 5.1, you need to apply a DSP such as ProLogic II in the receiver.

Dialog belongs in the center channel. But, if you want it in other speakers, try applying a mode such as All Channel stereo in the receiver.

DTS is not a mode you can apply yourself. It is a data compression codec studios used to save space when putting a multichannel sound track on a disc.
lol24 likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-2013, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thx for your answer. smile.gif

i discovered new functions on my remote when i press BD button then it allows me to change
3d sound etc. so basicly now i have pretty good sound but in games stereo is still better than 5.1 :/
tomorrow i will try to change some settings in ffdshow and see if it helps.
i think hdmi is the best solution for surround sound and i don't need toslink optical cable.

i think i don't have all channel stereo on my BR player so i will continue to use center for dialogs
and just boost few decibels up.

any more suggestions would be helpful if you guys see if i'm doing something wrong. smile.gif
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page