Help: Samsung HT-E5500 keeps changing source - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 81 Old 04-02-2014, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thank you.  I tried the above and it worked great.  I'll just have to get used to using the remote for everything, but that's much better than having the rolling inputs going all the time!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 81 Old 04-24-2014, 04:57 AM

Big thanks for the pics and instructions too. Fixed it for me after cleaning didn't work.

post #63 of 81 Old 05-19-2014, 10:30 AM

I'm praying some of you guys subscribed to this thread.. I'm looking for past versions of the firmware, anyone have them? Or know where to find them?

Thought I'd ask here, since you are all fellow HTE5500W owners.

Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate it.
(My Xbox One won't 'power on' the 5500 through HDMI-CEC despite being able to control volume. I figure I'll just leave the unit powered on in idle, but a recent firmware update causes it to shut down after 20mins.)
post #64 of 81 Old 05-25-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkSlope View Post

Same issues with my unit. I Called Samsung on 1/6/2014, althougjh my unit was out of warranty they provided me with a courtsey repair. I sent the unit to thier repair center on 1/7/2014. Unit was repaired and delivered back to me on 1/10/2014. They replaced the (Assy Cover P-Front), part number (AH96-01605A). Ran the unit for six hours over the weekend the unit worked fine.

ParkSlope,

Thanks a million for the information; giving out the part number is priceless. This is obviously an issue with this entire line of HT Samsung Players and it's disturbing that Samsung won't own its mistake and issue a recall or at least notify the Consumers who own the unit.

At any rate, since my unit is 2 months outside the warranty I will order the part and replace it myself. Hopefully, it's an easy fix.

Thanks again.

S.

post #65 of 81 Old 05-25-2014, 08:11 PM

Liked: 11
Rushfreah. thank you soooo much. Tried everything for the device changing thing and your remedy worked. Unhooked the front panel and working great. Samsung couldn't help but you did. Mua!
sherifhanna82 likes this.
post #66 of 81 Old 05-25-2014, 10:58 PM

Liked: 12

Hello RushFreak2112, I created an account just to thank you so very much for this fix.  My unit is out of warranty, and I have been spoiled with my laptop, Xbox, and Blu-ray combined setup.  I was going MAD without the unit working properly.  Thanks to you as well sinofian for providing the step by step picture tutorial.   You both are awesome.  The world needs more people like the two of you :) 

sherifhanna82 and h3nr1 like this.
post #67 of 81 Old 05-26-2014, 11:08 AM

I had the same issue! And as many people here, I've created this account only to thank Rushfreak for the tip! This "changing source" issue was driving me & my girlfriend real mad!

I'm french, and all can say it's MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!!

sherifhanna82 likes this.
post #68 of 81 Old 05-26-2014, 12:34 PM

After it's all said and done, I am truly disappointed that an Electronics and Appliances giant like Samsung won't own this defect, which is obviously a manufacturing issue.
Thanks again to everyone who helped solve this very frustrating puzzle.
S.
post #69 of 81 Old 05-30-2014, 01:31 PM

Don't work.. Help me please.. :"(
post #70 of 81 Old 05-30-2014, 02:51 PM

Thank you RushFreak2112 . I had similar situation on my HT-E5400ZA where DVD open and closes like crazy in 14 months of purchase. ( out of warranty by 2 months). Your idea worked here.. I have removed the front panel connection as you suggested and is no longer needed, those can be operated from remote. The system is now working as usual and only thing is we can't do hard reset. Needless to say I have created this account only to thank you.

post #71 of 81 Old 06-10-2014, 08:06 PM

I just won this thing at a raffle and it is now doing the same thing. It opens and closes and jumps around input selections so I read these threads...and THANK YOU. My 13 year old son saw the pictures that show you how to unplug the touch screen panel and he is now sitting and watching TV undisturbed. It took him longer to get a small screwdriver than it did to do the procedure. We thought we were so lucky when we won it and have been saving it in the box till we could buy a TV and I just got the Samsung TV when two months later this issue comes up. Thanks to these threads, I'm still lucky. OK gotta go watch Disney now. Bye!

post #72 of 81 Old 06-10-2014, 09:43 PM

Excelent i opened and disable the touch panel its works for me, thanks
Trevor Mawer likes this.
post #73 of 81 Old 06-11-2014, 03:52 AM

thanks for the detailed explanation and pics has been a great help and fixed my problem too :-)

post #74 of 81 Old 07-04-2014, 11:44 AM

Liked: 0
Thanks RushFreak2112 your method works perfectly.

One note, there is a main flat circuit cable from the main board to the front panel. This can be removed temporarily to make life easier for the next step.

Pull the thin cable, about half an inch wide and translucent brown in colour, out. This is the cable connected to the front panel sensor. Just pull firmly and it will come out.

Then put the main circuit cable back into the main board and you good to put it all back together.

This sovles the problem 100% and as long as you have your remote, everything works perfectly, even the front LCD panel.

post #75 of 81 Old 07-07-2014, 11:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinofian View Post
As promised...

Remove screws on rear of unit:

remove top cover:

pull blue tab to release white ribbon cable:

un-clip front of unit:

locate and un-plug the ribbon cable for the touch screen:

*click for larger version

re-assemble and enjoy your player!

*note: be sure to plug the white cable back in or your player will not work properly.  

Thanks for the tip. Just disconnected the front panel. Took me 2 minutes and works like magic.

I also put some tape on the disconnected wire to avoid it touching other parts.
post #76 of 81 Old 07-08-2014, 03:54 AM

Hey guys, try putting several layers of selotape over the touch screen panel of the device. It has seemed to stop the device from skipping source.
post #77 of 81 Old 07-10-2014, 10:57 AM

Smile

Hi All

I had the same problem with my HT-E5530 system, keeps opening the tray and looked like someone pressing theEject
button. Did the quick fix but wanted to have everything working again.

I have got a new Front panel:
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/elec...der-player.htm

Also if you need a new Blu Ray Drive:
http://sparedparts.com/parts/details...hanis-complete

Hope this helps
post #78 of 81 Old 07-12-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espio1 View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm having a really frustrating problem with my Samsung 5.1 blu-ray home theatre system (ht-e5500 model).

The ht, hooked up to my samsung HDTV and speakers, has been working fine for six months. But since yesterday it has started randomly cycling through input sources, as if someone is mashing on a remote.

I've tried taking the batteries out of all remotes and its made no difference - it still cycles through input sources randomly and often.

The HT is connected to a Sky Plus box and games console, but still randomly cycles through source with other devices off.

Any ideas?
I have had the same problem for the past year. I did not know what the problem was. I did the same thing as others on this forum. I removed the wire to the touch screen controls and it works perfect now.
post #79 of 81 Old 07-12-2014, 08:14 AM

Thanks for your help. I struggled for a year with this. I was about to buy a new unit. I removed the same wire and presto no more problem.
post #80 of 81 Old 07-16-2014, 01:39 PM

Could someone give me any tips on how to remove the top cover of the Samsung Blu Ray BD D6500? The device has only one screw on the back, I've removed the screw and tried in many ways but could not remove the cover. Need to open the cover to turn off the front panel. I appreciate any help.
post #81 of 81 Old 07-19-2014, 03:23 PM

Thank you!!!

Ive had my unit for about 2 years now and it just recently started up consistently. In the past it happened randomly but only once. However, thanks to your posts and pictures I was able to do exactly as stated! I will admit that taking the front cover off was a bit difficult with all the snaps! THank you so much! My unit is now working without the dvd player opening constantly! I never used the touch panel so Im so grateful I did not need to buy a new unit!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Samsung Ht E5500w Htib 5 1 Ch 3d Blu Ray 1000 Watts Home Theater System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page