Help: Samsung HT-E5500 keeps changing source - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 125 Old 10-12-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
It worked!

Hello all,
Just wanted to say thanks for the great help.
I disconnected the touch screen cable and it worked, no more sudden automatic input switching. Took me less than 5 minutes to do it!
2 days now and working great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 125 Old 10-12-2014, 11:53 AM

My samsung player has been out of action for months now despite sending it back to samsung for repair, samsung found no fault with it !!!!!
I have disconnected the touch panel at front and it works fine now thanks rush
post #93 of 125 Old 10-19-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent Pee L View Post
Thanks for the tip. Just disconnected the front panel. Took me 2 minutes and works like magic.

I also put some tape on the disconnected wire to avoid it touching other parts.
Hi, a thousand thanks for the helpful instructions and pictures. I took us 5 minutes and everything works now perfectly! Thank you!
post #94 of 125 Old 10-19-2014, 02:43 PM

E5400

The work around works pull the cable as told in prior post. Great job and thanks so much
post #95 of 125 Old 10-28-2014, 04:49 AM

Ht-e5400

Thank you so much for information on how to repair my input that kept jumping to DVD/CD input while watching TV. I disconnected my HT-E5400 and followed your instructions to disconnect the touch panel cable. Viola! I'm able to watch TV without any interruption of my input jumping to DVD/CD. I was about to throw this whole system in the trash because of frustration. Thank you so much because I am grateful for you sharing your fix.
post #96 of 125 Old 11-02-2014, 04:40 PM

Thank you very much for the information on how to disconnect the front panel. Samsung in the Netherlands wouldn't have the courtesy of replacing this front panel for free as my warranty was expired one week!
I will put this information on several sites here in Holland and I will also inform the electrician I hired, but could not solve the problem other then stating that the problem was due some malfunctioning of the HT -E5500.
Still I am of the opnion that Samsung should call back all models and fix this problem! At no cost of course!
post #97 of 125 Old 11-03-2014, 03:21 AM

RushFreak2112 Thank you very munch for your suggestion but my unit doesn't work (with CD,MP3&VCD)after disconnected with touch screen panel.Do you have any suggestion??
post #98 of 125 Old 11-18-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter5 View Post
After cleaning off the front touch panel, I haven't had any problems. It's been two weeks.

THIS ABSOLUTELY FIX THIS ISSUE FOR ME. I really hope everyone is listening to you and and think niko. From what I can tell this was exactly what was happening and exactly what work for mine. I was ready to throw it in the garbage until I found your two solutions from this forum of the same problem. I will try to get the message out to people to read what you guys were saying. Very simple fix. Thanks so much by the way.
post #99 of 125 Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dooley1957 View Post
<p>Thank you.  I tried the above and it worked great.  I'll just have to get used to using the remote for everything, but that's much better than having the rolling inputs going all the time!!!</p>
Brilliant! Thank you so much,
after reading all of the other responses a seeing the photos I had no doubt that this would fix the problem. I timed it and it took me 4 mins. from start to finish! Works perfectly well now..

I registered just to say, Awesome! Thanks again
post #100 of 125 Old 12-17-2014, 05:34 AM

Liked: 10
Had the same issue with my e6750w. Followed the post with pictures in here, and it solved my problem.

Thanks mate
post #101 of 125 Old 01-03-2015, 12:34 AM

Unhappy My Samsung BluRay

Wow! I have been battling this same problem for over 12 months and thought I had cured the fault by resetting as per the manual. Alas! Not to be. So off to the electrical store to look at getting another player. I checked out "stand alone" DVD players and other DVD/Theatre systems and nearly bought an LG unit but decided to think further about a way forward. My wife (bless her) suggested I do a Google search of problems with this model Samsung. Well I found this site and see that may others were having the same problem. I followed the suggestions given about decommissioning the touch screen and have cured the problem THANK YOU for posting this simple fix as you saved me many $$$$ and saved me from dumping what is a relatively good TV/DVD sound system.
Final comments on this and the site are: firstly I didn't even know the player had a touch screen (aw shucks) and second I had to admit my wife (bless her) was right (and that really really hurt)
On a serious note, amazing solution and a smart person has saved many of us mega $$$$. Thanks again, really appreciated. Kerry
post #102 of 125 Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You guys are joking right? No one heard of GOOGLE? There is a technology built into many Blu-ray players called HDMI-CEC.( Consumer Electronics Control)HDMI-CEC is an extension of the HDMI display port interface that makes it possible to send control commands back and forth over an HDMI cable. Which will perform functions such as turn on the TV when you power on the Blu-ray player, and/or switch the source to the proper input. Nothing is wrong with your device, it is supposed to do it. Why else would you power on the Blu-ray player if you're not getting ready to watch a movie, right? Once you power off the Blu-ray player it will (my samsung does anyhow) switch the input source back to what it was on before you turned on the player. If you do not like this function turn off HDMI-CEC, there's an option in the Blu-ray player settings to do so. I jave tested, after turning the setting off, it will no longer send commands to your TV.
post #103 of 125 Old 01-08-2015, 11:33 PM

Let me re-clarify something...while it may be true that you could have an issue with the touch panel...If you read the original post was it was about changing the source input, not bad touch controls.but if you disable HDMI-CEC, it will no longer send commands to your TV. Obviously if the touch panel is faulty and triggering a power on, eject, or other command, it sends a signal to the TV, disable the function...
post #104 of 125 Old 01-31-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espio1 View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm having a really frustrating problem with my Samsung 5.1 blu-ray home theatre system (ht-e5500 model).

The ht, hooked up to my samsung HDTV and speakers, has been working fine for six months. But since yesterday it has started randomly cycling through input sources, as if someone is mashing on a remote.

I've tried taking the batteries out of all remotes and its made no difference - it still cycles through input sources randomly and often.

The HT is connected to a Sky Plus box and games console, but still randomly cycles through source with other devices off.

Any ideas?
Thank so much for starting this forum...we were given an ht-e555ow for a gift and after only 2 years it started cycling through sources.....very frustrating but thanks to all responces we have resolved the problem by simply disconnecting the touch screen.
post #105 of 125 Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 AM

Slorider3 - you may dispense with the snarky, condescending commentary. You obviously don't understand the problem that we are all experiencing. This forum is about helping others, not making snippy comments. First off, your comment, "Why else would you power on the Blu-ray player if you're not getting ready to watch a movie, right?", shows a lack of comprehension of the original poster's problem and no working knowledge of the Samsung models being discussed. The 5500 and 6500 models are "Home Theater In a Box" models, sir. They are not standalone Blu-ray players. So, to answer your question, "Why else would you power on the Blu-ray player if you're not getting ready to watch a movie, right?"...well, anyone of us who wants to watch Cable TV in something better than the little 8w speakers in the TV set NEED to power on the Home Theater, which includes the built-in Blue-ray player. Get it? Further, it has been determined by the great people of this forum that it is indeed an issue with a defect in the touch screen, causing the input source to roll to another selection on its own. The original post, if you read it sir, was about the source input changing...and it has been determined by all of us here that it is caused by bad touch controls. I hope this clears up your confusion and generates an apology from you to all of us for being both snippy and wrong at the same time.
post #106 of 125 Old 02-14-2015, 04:42 PM

Hi to all I registered to just thank RushFreak2112 for the initial instructions and sinofian for his very useful photos

I had the same issue with the touch panel on a SAMSUNG HT-E5500, and followed RushFreak2112 instructions and with the help of the photos provided by sinofian it seems the problem is solved!!! and it really took me just 5 min.

Many Many thanks

Eyxaristo poly
post #107 of 125 Old 02-23-2015, 05:54 PM

Hi there,
Can someone please confirm this for me that has done this. If I disconnect the touch panel as instructed in this thread then will it also turn off the display?
I still want the LCD readout on my panel.

Thanks.
post #108 of 125 Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM

Thumbs up Thank you!!!!!!

I'm almost crying right now I'm so happy! I'm sooooooooooooo gladful to have found this forum and I subscribed just to pass on my thanks. I've had the issue with the Home Theatre going bezerk mode switch for well over a year (it actually started 2 days after the manufacturer's warranty ended), and I was really considering buying a new Home Theatre System, but didn't feel like dishing out the money. But I couldn't watch BRD or anything with sound anymore... and that was frustrating. I must say that I've been searching for a solution for a while, but I always thought my system had an issue with ejecting, which is what mine kept doing all the effing time, therefor interrupting movies and cutting sound... I have done the unplugging the front interfacing trick and it has been on for well over an hour now without any issue. *crosses fingers* I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANKFUL! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
post #109 of 125 Old 02-25-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorCrispy View Post
Hi there,
Can someone please confirm this for me that has done this. If I disconnect the touch panel as instructed in this thread then will it also turn off the display?
I still want the LCD readout on my panel.

Thanks.
Hi, display still works. And the non-touch buttons still work, too.
post #110 of 125 Old 02-26-2015, 04:43 AM

Like many others, I joined today to thank all of you for the input to fix this issue, especially rush and the others. Slorider3 obviously didn't read the original posts, and uses his bluray player for movies only, and not home theatre. Just ignore the ignorance.

Thanks again to all,
Wags
post #111 of 125 Old 02-28-2015, 10:56 PM

Hi, thank you for help. I'm happy now.
But my remote control doesn't work now :-(
Is it only my problem? Or somebody suffer the same?
post #112 of 125 Old 03-07-2015, 07:02 AM

Check to be sure you reattached the white cable with the blue tab securely.
post #113 of 125 Old 03-11-2015, 06:46 PM

Yes I had that problem looked and looked to see how I can fix it. seen some people post on it I had to do some trial and error but I got it to work here some pictures..

Bad news is you have to open up to disable a cable...

Good news it's super simple and picture will help out tremendously....

After I disassembled the wire I put tape around it so it wouldn't short out or anything like that..

Once again its not a big thing. you know you haven't use this. you hardly ever touch the buttons to make anything work on there, you always use the remote control

If you have a really skinny pair of needle nose pliers you don't have to take the front off to pull the wire off. I took it off because I really didn't know what I needed to disable. But I found it. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426124644022.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	597785

The other two big wide wires do not touch. this is for the lights in front.. you need that and the other one is to make the Blu ray player work.
post #114 of 125 Old 03-11-2015, 06:48 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426124869624.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	597793

Tape over the wire so it won't show it out
post #115 of 125 Old 04-08-2015, 10:21 PM

The more I read about all of us having this problem the more pi**ed I get at Samsung for refusing to fix their junk.
post #116 of 125 Old 04-17-2015, 05:52 AM

How to I fix this....

I am very upset with Samsung..I have had this system for 2 yrs and 1 month after the warrerty goes out it starts to change the source while I am watching tv. How do I fix this?
post #117 of 125 Old 04-17-2015, 01:58 PM

Thank you very much for the pictures. It has so far worked for me. After a stressful tax season I just wanted to set down and watch some baseball. I normally wouldn't try to fix something like this myself, but Samsung wanted too much to fix it.
post #118 of 125 Old 05-01-2015, 01:25 AM

It works now

Thanks for your clear and simple instructions it works perfectly now!
post #119 of 125 Old 05-09-2015, 03:50 AM

Been having issues with my bluray player cycling through the source while I'm trying to watch TV on and off for a while now which has been driving me insane!
Called Samsung customer service who are useless.
Finally tried this option of unplugging the touch panel cable which seems to be working so far! Fingers crossed no more issues.
Thanks for the detailed instructions and photos
post #120 of 125 Old 05-26-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0N35T4R View Post
Mine does not cycle randomly...only once, on startup, every time. Regardless of the source the HT box is set to when I shut it off....about 10 seconds after picture displays on my TV, the source on the HT box changes to D-IN. I can change the source back to the appropriate setting with the remote and the problem will not happen again until I power cycle the HT box.

I may try to disconnect the touch screen...thanks for the tip.
I am also having this exact issue, not the one in the OP. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to fix it? I am skeptical that it is the same touchscreen problem as it's not random at all and only happens on startup.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Samsung Ht E5500w Htib 5 1 Ch 3d Blu Ray 1000 Watts Home Theater System
Gear in this thread - E5500w by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page