Onkyo HTX-22HDX: first few seconds missing from EVERY track in a playlist - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!
I recently purchased an Onkyo HTX-22HDX and connected it via HDMI to my Windows 7 HTPC.
I am experiencing an odd behaviour, which I hope some of you can help with: whenever I play a playlist - regardless of the format (FLAC, MP3 or anything else), and regardless of the player I use (VLC, MPC-HC or WMP) - the first second or so of every track is missing. This is most annoying, as I mostly listen to classical music, where there aren't supposed to be gaps between one track and the next.
Also, very short system sounds are not played at all, and the ones that manage to reach the speakers are missing the first bit, as well.
What is going on, there? Is my unit defective?
The same behaviour happens if I connect the unit via S/PDIF, rather than HDMI.

Can anyone please shed some light on what's going on in the audio processing chain and how I can fix this odd behaviour?

I'm sure loads of people have seen this issue, and I have tried to google and search your forums for a solution, but to be honest I don't even know what to search for...

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

ccristal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2013, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Try going analog red/white cable. if that works fine, its the digital portion of your HTPC audio card that's at fault.
If it doesn't try any other source bd player or roku etc via hdmi and see if you get same problem,
if problem persists with other sources its onkyo's fault.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Brand

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page