LG 5.1 Plus DirecTV Genie and Insignia S-42P650A11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-11-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So hello first of all:)

I signed up because I am getting frustraded and I cant find the answer I am looking for I believe I know the answer for my self but I am hoping that someone with experience in this field has some advice.

So I am using a LG 5.1 Sourround System with build in Blue Ray Player. It has the Inputs as followed: Optical Digital and Aux.

well then I do have the Insignia TV S-42P650A11 with the Inputs HDMI and stuff and the output of AUX and Optical Digital Output.

Well here comes the problem. The DirecTV Genie with the only Audio Output of Digital but not the digital Optical...

So I can connect the TV with the components or the HDMI. When I do that I for sure cant get the 5.1 Sound passed through from the Genie over the TV to the LG 5.1 sys.
So in order to get the 5.1 Sound I somehow have to connect the Genie directly with the LG 5.1 Sorround System.

So any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Sure. Use whatever video connection you want from the player to the TV and a digital coax to optical converter from the player to the receiver for audio. Try looking at monoprice.com.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page