Samsung HT-F4500 5.1-Channel Blu-ray Home Theater System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-15-2013, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello;

I purchased a Samsung HT-F4500 5.1-Channel Blu-ray Home Theater System for my mom. she does not need a lot of bells and whistles but I found a good price for this unit and bought it. Setup was generally pretty easy as the speaker wires are color coded and such. However, the problem I ran into is - while does the test sound, the front right and surround right speaker have no sound coming from them. I checked my connections, tight and correct for each speaker. The speakers also are labeled as to which one is connected to what, (i.e. front left, center, subwoofer, etc.). Is it possible that the two speakers are bad?? I would think it unusual that both are bad, but, it is all on the same side. Or could the right channel be a problem? This system is hooked up to a a Samsung 32" Class 1080p LED Smart HDTV UN32EH5300F.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-16-2013, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Have you played setup test tones that go from speaker to speaker to see if you did wire things up correctly? Simple wiring issues can crop up (or the labeling was wrong). If they're still dead, it might be a defective unit.

If you're checking for a bad speaker and not a bad amp, swap them around and see if the right speaker ends up being dead when used as a left channel speaker.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #3 of 5 Old 08-20-2013, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply Dan!

Yes, I did try that, and after it still did not work, I contacted the company I bought it from and they told me to contact Samsung. Samsung determined that the two right channel ports were bad. I have since sent it back to where I purchased from to exchange for another one. Will see how it turns out!
post #4 of 5 Old 11-29-2013, 10:10 PM

Hey it's probably too late to help, but after buying the same system today and trying for two hours to find out what the problem was, I realized that the speakers I was having a problem with we're pushed a little too far into the speaker clamp so that it was getting some of the plastic from the wires and not having a clean connection. I found this out when I went to the speaker test option and removed and re inserted the wires in all the speakers. Some of the ends have different lengths of exposed wire so that caused the problem. Hope this helps.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-10-2014, 01:20 AM

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for your post to this forum. I was wracking my brains about why the speakers were not working and after having read your post, it was fixed!! Thanks to people like you, people like me can fix everyday problems!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page