Looking for a simple setup... 2.1, or 5.1 with rear wireless speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm quite a novice when it comes to television audio setups, so I thought I'd ask some people who were not new to this.

I am looking for a system to start with for my living room, not a full theater setup, to enhance the poor quality of sounds from my current TV which I plan to upgrade eventually. The distance from the TV to viewer is rather long, around 20 feet. I do not have the ability to run wires from the TV to the back of the room due to the layout of the room (doors and openings, etc.).

If I go with a 5.1 system, it will need to have rear wireless speakers. Having to be plugged into the wall is absolutely fine, I just can't have the wire running from the TV. I currently have a Panasonic Blu-ray player. I'm not apposed to systems with a receiver, but I'm not familiar with them since this is my first purchase. I haven't seen many rear wireless speakers include din systems out there -- I assume because the audio quality over the air would obviously be less than a wired system. Ideally wired would be great, but not for my setup. It looks like Samsung has a setup with rear wireless (HT F5500).

I saw systems like the 2.1 Cinemate GS Series II. I know it will not be a 5.1 surround sound, but I don't think that is a requirement for me. I understand that it isn't the best system ... but maybe it would be for my case. I want to boost the sound. I don't really like the soundbars, but I'm willing to hear your thoughts.

I'm looking at something in the lower cost range, maybe up to $5-600.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 54
This may work for you, its was tested by Cnet. http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/vizio-s4251w-b4/4505-7868_7-35560754.html
take a look
post #3 of 4 Old 11-10-2013, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I got my 

HiFi speakers here a while back and I LOVE them. I use these all them mainly for surround sound .. and they sound AMAZING. I can sync different devices on and off them very easily all at one time, so even if I'm not watching a movie or TV I can switch between my laptop, or phone devices very easily with just pretty much the touch of a button. (its an app you install on your devices). They blow me away using my blu ray player as well. I think sure they have something with in your price range as well, my mine ran me about $600 so you can defiantly find what you need with in your price ranFor me its been a really great addition to the house overall and I thought I was just buying surround sound but it actually has been SO MUCH more. SO yeah these are the Speakers I recommend . I love my speakers, wouldn't trade them!!

Hope this helps!

post #4 of 4 Old 11-10-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 254
The Sonos might work well for you depending on what you're willing to spend. Bose doesn't get a whole lot of love around here so you might to look at the Samsung which would probably cover your current and future needs. The downside of the Samsung system is that it has an integrated blu-ray player and you already have one.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page