Need Simple Set Up To Use External Speakers, Bravia Sync? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-24-2013, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am buying a new TV. I want to hook it up to external speakers for better sound.

1. Want receiver that will turn on automatically when sensing the signal through the TV.

2. Want receiver that can be hidden in cabinet and controlled by TV remote without using additional IR repeater.

Have looked at Sony's Bravia Sync system as possibly the only option for this. Did a test and it seemed to work OK. Slight delay when turning on (picture from DirecTV took 25 seconds to come on screen vs. 10 seconds when not running through the receiver). Not huge difference but seems like eternity. Volume control works as TV is able to control receiver using HDMI. Slightly delayed response, but works.

Any other solutions for this? I looked at Samsung and it doesn't appear they have features that work like this.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-25-2013, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Most TVs and AVRs have HDMI Control features likes the ones you want, Samsung included. But, HDMI CEC can be inconsistent in how it works. Another option is getting an RF remote like a Harmony.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-25-2013, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I may try a Harmony remote. I already use the RF DirecTV remote which works very well and enables me to keep my satellite receiver out of view. Ideally I'd like to be able to use the DirecTV remote for everything since it is the same as the remote we use on other TV's in the house. Have to keep it simple for the wife and kids. DirecTV remote controls TV well so figured if I could get a TV that automatically turns on the A/V receiver and controls the volume I'd be set.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page