No surround - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I bought this Samsung 5.1 system. 1000 watts at SAMs. I have Direct TV and a sharp flat screen TV. I set up the surround and put a blu ray disc on. The sound was great. All speakers worked. Switch to TV and only the right front speaker works with a little subwoofer sound. If I press the 3d button, the back two speakers turn on. No sound from the center or front right. I read in the instructions that I needed a digital optic cable do I used it with no luck. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 380
It sounds like your Samsung system has an integrated blu-ray player which is why it sounded fine. The audio was coming from the Samsung and the video was being sent to the Sharp. An optical cable (from the Sharp to the Samsung) will allow you listen to 5.1 only thru the internal ATSC tuner or any of the SmartApps that your tv has if supported. But you usually need to turn off the tv speakers and select the correct input (usually the Cable/Sat input if you're using coax or the appropriate HDMI input if you're using that from your sat box).
post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I hooked that stupid fiber optics cable between all three components in every which way. No luck.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Hi hook3423, what model is the Samsung System and Sharp TV? And how is everything connected?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page