HTIB with 2xHDMI's That Handles Auido - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is the system I want to bring together. A Sony Vaio laptop with HDMI out, a PlayStation 3 and a STB. STB and PS3 have optical audio out. I need a HTIB to connect my laptop with a HDMI cable. STB and PS3 will be connected to HTIB with HDMI and Toslink(one with HDMI, other with Toslink). HTIB will handle the audio and pass the video to my TV which is LG LN575S via HDMI. The only thing I want is not to use TV's speakers. Since I don't have a large budget, I am not after high quality sound. A -not bad- surround sound is enogh for me. I'm new to all these and I really need a lot of help.

Another question is, if I connect my laptop to HTIB with HDMI, will the laptop bitstream DTS or DD audio to HTIB? It has a Nvidia Geforce 410M on it.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

For example, if I buy LG HB1100MK and connect my laptop's HDMI out to HTIB's HDMI in and bitstream the audio, will HTIB be able to decode DTS or DD audio?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-17-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Since I don't have a large budget, I am not after high quality sound

And yet, you did not tell us what your budget might be? That would have been helpful.

The Denon 1513BA, 1312XP and 1312BA all have 4 HDMI inputs. Would any of those work? Then you can connect your laptop, PS3 and STB to the receiver with HDMI.
http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/refurbishedproducts.aspx?catalog=denonna_us&catid=refurbishedprocat%28denonna%29#hometheatersystemsref%28denonna%29

Afro GT
post #4 of 4 Old 09-17-2013, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

I bought LG HB1100MK. And it does everything I wanted. I can bitstream DTS or DD audio from my laptop and make HTIB decode it. It has 2 HDMI inputs and an optical input. PC and STB goes to 2 HDMI inputs and PS3 goes to optical input.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page