2.1 Bluray Receiver??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-23-2013, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for a 2.1 bluray receiver, without having to buy a complete set that includes speakers. I would like to implement it into a custom install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidogino View Post

Looking for a 2.1 bluray receiver, without having to buy a complete set that includes speakers. I would like to implement it into a custom install.
If you are looking for an AVR with the ble-ray built in that is going to limet your selection of AV equipment. If you have the blu-ray player and just want a AVR to us in your system then there are a lot of AVR's out there. Find one with a 5.1 and the decoder for lossless audio and Audyssey to set the AVR up as a 2.1. Plus you need a AVR with HDMI for the lossless audio from the blu-ray.

there is a lot of what you need at ac4less like this one from Denon
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR1312/DENON-AVR-1312-5.1-Channel-A/V-Home-Theater-Receiver/1.html but I do not see Audyssey in the spec
this one may be a better choose http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR1613/DENON-AVR-1613-5.1ch-Networking-Receiver-w/AirPlay-3D-ready/1.html

or this one from Onkyo http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTXNR509/Onkyo-TX-NR509-5.1-Channel-3-D-Ready-Network-A/V-Receiver/1.html
post #3 of 5 Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
There is no 2.1 reciever that works as a amp + a transport.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 AM
TLF

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are some units out there that are a receiver with built-in Bluray player. Check out Harman/Kardon's BDS series. I know that H/K typically packages these with speakers and sub, but I have found by digging around, the all-in-one receiver/Bluray player can be purchased individually.

I have two of these units, one an older BDS270 which is a 2.1 system, and a newer BDS 570, a 5.1 system. I bought them at close-out prices when the newer systems were coming in, and for the money and my use, they are quite good. The little class-D amplifiers in them do a good job and everything sounds pretty good overall.

I needed simple, and this is a decent way to go, but again, at list price, you can do better sound quality wise and also in flexibility, but if you can get discounts, these are small and easy to tuck away and have decent features for the money. For what it is worth.....Tim
post #5 of 5 Old 09-27-2013, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm just beggining to find out HK makes some really covinient stuff..
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page