Amplifier to feed clean source to my HTIB - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Guys/Gurus,

Need your help with identifying an amplifier that can feed rich/cleaner-detailed sound to my HTIB (Which is Cinemate II).

The cinemate II can take optical or RCA as inputs , basically I am planning to hook up to my samsung blu-ray player.

I noticed that the cinemate II sounded crisp and detailed in the bestbuy showroom. Somehow I don't see that happening with my samsung bluray player or from my LG tv when connected to cinemate II using optical cable.

I wonder if there is an amplifier that can clean up the source sound and feed to cinemate II.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 87
Unless you are getting dropouts or pops and clicks, you don't have a problem with the signal. Problems with a digital audio signal will not cause the program material to sound muddy, lacking in bass or treble, etc. If there is a difference between the showroom and your home, it is likely due to the environment.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you.

I noticed that there are few details in the sound that are missing. I know that demo tracks are of high quality in general but at the same time I was wondering if any amplifier can do the trick.
post #4 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 639
No, go back and re-read what Colm wrote.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I understood about the environment part. I am still trying to learn from you guys if there is any such thing which can give a crisper sound. I know the speakers are much more capable of producing clear sound. I am just doubting on the source output which can be improved via amplifier to get crisper sound.

Will environment affect the throughput? I am not convinced.

I do understand if someone is complaining about sound leak or about surround sound reproduction then the environment plays a vital role.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Bose does not get a lot of love around here so other than calibrating your audio for the listening environment as best as you can, there's probably not much you can do other than replace the Bose with a higher quality receiver and speakers.

Carpeting, wall coverings, furniture, room size, etc. can dramatically affect the listening environment. Listed specs can only go so far because you don't know what the conditions under which the specs were obtained are. Your ears are what will determine what sounds good to you and if you understand room acoustics, you know that what you hear in a show room can be quite different once you get it home. Speaker placement can also affect what you hear to a degree.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Ok. Thank you all for your feedback.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 11:55 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Nobody is loving or lacking in love. We're just pointing out that the unit sounds different because it is playing in a different location. The other issue is that sonic memory is pretty short. It is hard to compare a sound from memory to a sound that happened in the past.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Neither I am . Otherwise I wouldn't be here seeking for your help. I am willing to learn as much as I can. I respect the responses from other members.

There is a rumor that Bose uses some sort of signal processors or a preamp to demonstrate their units or may be a high resolution audiophile recordings to demonstrate.

Again its a rumor not a confirmed subject.

I just wanted to see if any one is aware of such equipment to make the HTIB sound better. If these things don't help to get richer sound and again it is something to do with the acoustics then I think I dont have a choice.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreezee View Post

I just wanted to see if any one is aware of such equipment to make the HTIB sound better. If these things don't help to get richer sound and again it is something to do with the acoustics then I think I dont have a choice.

I think the answer to that would be no for the reasons given.
post #11 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 04:05 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member

The Bose products are easily the worst products in all of low end audio. Sorry, that is the truth. There isn't anything you can do to improve the sound. If you care about better sound, then you should get rid of it and replace it with something better. The something better doesn't even have to cost a lot. Bose products are expensive because of the immense amount of marketing they enjoy. My advice is either live with it or replace it. Anything else would be a waste of time and money. Sorry.
post #12 of 12 Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
When you were at the store did you bring your own music or did you listen to the bose demo disc?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page