Need a simple setup for 25 feet x 15" 9' room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I need some help with a setup, I plan to buy a VIZIO M651 from Costco and I will have it set in a 25 feet x 15" 9' as indicated in the diagram below with a Sofa around 8 feet away from the TV for good 3D.  My wife forbid me from using wire on the floor (even minimal).  I love a 5.1 systems, but I would never hear the end of it from my wife.  So I need advice.

**The Philips HTL9100 seems to fit the need, but I saw bad review from you guys

**The Bose 1SR is really expensive, but could it work in this big room? It does have the corner and 2 walls to bounce sound of

**Yamaha YSP-3300 for the same price as the Bose seems to have way more functions

Any other system? that would give me close to a 5.1 system?  I would prefer not to cut hole or something  Oh and the floor is hard wood.  I don't know if any other options are there.

25 feet

|

|

|

|

|

|                                                                               15" 9'

|

|                    Sofa

|       

|    TV(65 inches)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 67
This is a great place to start http://www.sonos.com/shop/products/playbar

It can be expanded to a wireless 5.1 system by adding a subwoofer & rear speakers ( not completely wireless, the additional speakers plug into AC wall outlets ).

post #3 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 262
I don't see any mention of the Sonos system being a true, discreet 5.1 system, unless I missed it. Adding multiple speakers doesn't necessarily make it a 5.1 system. And it's expensive!
post #4 of 5 Old 10-05-2013, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I realized that a true 5.1 would be almost impossible with being not able to run wires on the floor.  I just need something to come as close as possible.  The Philips seems to come come close, but I saw some bad review from you guys.  Also the size of my room also concern me as it is too large I think for bouncing sound around.

Also saw Yamaha YSP-3300 for the same price as the Bose seems to have way more functions.  Any other options guys?

post #5 of 5 Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 262
I'm sure there are true 5.1 systems with wireless side channels. As mentioned before, there will always be some wiring because both speakers need to be plugged into an outlet for power, or at least one has to and then the two are connected together with a cable of sorts. The wireless part comes from the fact that the speakers are not connected to the receiver. Unless you absolutely can't, I'd steer clear of a soundbar and look for a wireless receiver. You'll be much happier with the sound quality. At least imo.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page