Home Theater Help/Upgrade? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-28-2013, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a Yamaha rx-v467 paired with a set of energy take 5 classic speakers. I have to admit I've outgrown the setup and would like to upgrade my receiver. There are a few things that annoy me about yamaha receiver setups so I'd like to stay away from that brand.  I have a small living room so I only need a 5.1 in there but I'm looking into getting a 7.1 setup because I do want to add 2 extra wireless speakers in another room that I would like to control with one receiver. I've read that denons are good for that type of setup but I'm not sure which models are worth it or if there are other brands that can do that. Any suggestions?

Btw it would be great if the receiver also had a phono hook up for an old turn table but it's not totally necessary.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
A 7.1 amp is not for adding extra speakers in another room, it is for the surround back channels. What you want is an amp with "Speaker B" or "Zone 2" capabilities. You can buy a "phono preamp" online and add a turntable to any AVR. I'm not a Denon fan so I won't even address that question.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-28-2013, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

"What you want is an amp with "Speaker B" or "Zone 2" capabilities."

Thanks for that bit of info! I had no idea that's what it's called. As far as denon goes I'm curious to hear what your gripes are about them? As I mentioned before I have more experience with yamaha to the point that I don't really care to go back to it.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I'm not trying to be a Denon-hater, it's just that I've been in the AV / HT business for over 20 years and I have seen more Denon products turn into "bricks" than any other brand. I really don't have any gripes about their performance, it's just the longevity that I question.

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Yamaha Rx V467bl 525 Watt 5 1 Channel Av Receiver Each Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page