Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The TV is
Samsung UN60F7100 60-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV

The HTIB is
5.1 CH Samsung 3D Blu ray surround system HTF-5550

Okay, the current way i have my 360 setup is annoying me and i am sure i can fix it with some help from you guys. Simply put, i am looking for a way to run audio from xbox to my HTB without disrupting my current setup i have for my tv to HTIB. However, my current setup is causing my xbox to reset, each time i go back to watching tv. So heres how i have it and i want to change it if possible and get 5.1 sound when playing games.

I have the xbox 360 out going to the HDMI in on my HTIB and HDMI out on the HTIB going to the HDMI2 in on the tv. However, i dont have an optical useable on my HTIB for xbox since its already in use for my cable box to HTIB. Heres what i still have available to use on my tv for audio

Available audio ports currently on TV
Optical out
Single port hole IR out
Single port hole Audio Out.

Available audio ports currently on HTIB
Red and White Aux in

So what happens currently. Lets say i am playing an xbox game and pause it and decide I want to go watch tv.... when i switch the source on the tv back to my HDMI1 source for cable tv, and then try to switch back to the xbox on HDMI2 on the tv, it restarts the xbox because my HTIB current setup requires me to use D IN for cable and then i have to switch the HTIB to HDMI source when using the xbox (and i like that setup for the tv) just sucks for the xbox lol. So to go back to xbox i have to switch the source on my HTIB back to HDMI to play xbox.

I currently have the optical in use for my cable seeing as the HTIB auto selects to D IN when i switch my tv to HDMI1 source so its nice to have the cable tv audio for the D IN source. So would using that single audio out maybe work and then run the HDMI from xbox to tv? I am looking for a way to run the audio from the xbox to the HTIB and still get 5.1 sound when playing games. Any help appreciated !!!

P.S. - If my wording of the setup is a bit jumbled and hard to understand, feel free to reply and ask for more info and also this thread where i received prior help for this current setup might clarify my issue:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1491415/help-setting-up-5-1-surround-sound-please-im-desperate-lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-05-2013, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

any help is greatly appreciated smile.gif
post #3 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 04:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 401
You might want to start by letting us know what make and model HTIB you have.....

Afro GT
post #4 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

My apologies, the tv is:

Samsung UN60F7100 60-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV

The HTIB is
5.1 CH Samsung 3D Blu ray surround system HTF-5550
post #5 of 7 Old 11-06-2013, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggy1111 View Post

However, my current setup is causing my xbox to reset, each time i go back to watching tv. So heres how i have it and i want to change it if possible and get 5.1 sound when playing games.
So what happens currently. Lets say i am playing an xbox game and pause it and decide I want to go watch tv.... when i switch the source on the tv back to my HDMI1 source for cable tv, and then try to switch back to the xbox on HDMI2 on the tv, it restarts the xbox because my HTIB current setup requires me to use D IN for cable and then i have to switch the HTIB to HDMI source when using the xbox (and i like that setup for the tv) ...

Hi thuggy1111, sorry I don't understand reset and restart?

Are you saying it power off and back on?

Or it doesn't output 5.1 Dolby Digital audio when switching back to HDMI-2?
post #6 of 7 Old 11-10-2013, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

To switch to the xbox screen when i am watching cable tv, i have to go from source: D IN to source:HDMI on the HTIB. When i am watching cable and the xbox is on, i can see the xbox green light still on. So if i was playing a game and then decided to switch back to watching cable tv, when i switch to watchng tv, i will see the xbox is still running and the green light is on. However, each time i switch back to the xbox source HDMI on the HTIB to play again it restarts the xbox and its annoying.

My bad on the confusion.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-11-2013, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

any more help?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Xbox 360 Console

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version