Onkyo HT-S5600 or something better - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-27-2014, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Onkyo HT-S5600 or something better

I'm currently using a crappy samsung HTiB and I need to replace it. I have a larger project that has a $1200-$1500 budget for a 7.1 system. This thread is to help me find something for the living room at around $500

Onkyo has a refurbed HT-S5600 for $419 on it's website. I'm considering buying it. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

For my media room i've considered this http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S9400.../dp/B004VK0IOS

but I think I'll need to spend more money and buy speakers and receiver separate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-07-2014, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrynerdjosh View Post
I'm currently using a crappy samsung HTiB and I need to replace it. I have a larger project that has a $1200-$1500 budget for a 7.1 system. This thread is to help me find something for the living room at around $500

Onkyo has a refurbed HT-S5600 for $419 on it's website. I'm considering buying it. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

For my media room i've considered this http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S9400.../dp/B004VK0IOS

but I think I'll need to spend more money and buy speakers and receiver separate.
I have the HT S5600. I like it. It took me a while to get it going right but it's a pretty decent set up.
The issues I had was a humming sound from all the speakers but after troubleshooting I was able to determine it was a grounding issue. It's all sorted out now and my system is working fine. There will be moments when your sub will turn off, this is by design, it's some type of protection system for the self powered subwoofer. All you have to do is physically unplug it from your outlet and wait for about 2 minutes and then plug it back in. Unplugging it resets the protection for the amp. (Took me weeks to figure it out. LOL!) Other than that it works great. The 10inch sub really thumps hard, hope you're ready!
Reply Home Theater In A Box
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page