Anynet+ switches Samsung HT-F6500 to Digital in when TV is turned on - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-06-2014, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anynet+ switches Samsung HT-F6500 to Digital in when TV is turned on

Hi to all! First of all sorry everyone for my bad English because English is not my native language. I have same problem like guy in this tread (hope it's OK to link another forum) - http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_10...-is-turned-on/

I have Samsung UE46ES6100 TV - http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/...specifications and I bought before few days Samsung HT-F6500! http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/t...ms/HT-F6500/XU

Problem is that if I have all connected with Anynet+ every single time anynet switches my HT to digital-in-when TV is turned on. Another problem is PS4 because of that I don't have 5.1 sound on PS4. Is there any solution which may help, or only working solution is to turn of Anynet+ (in that case I don't have sound from my TV to HT and i must watch TV program via TV speakers!

Everything is connected via HDMI... PS4 (PS4 HDMI Out - HT HDMI in) and TV is connected to HT's HDMI out. Can anyone help? This issue is so annoying really. I don't wanna use optical cable because I only get stereo sound from PS4 and not surround. Tnx

Last edited by FlipperGP; 07-06-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-06-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 272
The problem is more than likely Anynet+. Anynet+ is Samsung's version of CEC (Consumer Electronic Control). The idea of CEC is to use your HDMI cable to control all of your devices that are connected via HDMI. The problem is that with the current HDMI 1.4 specs, not all of the CEC protocols are mandatory. In other words, the various mfrs have the options to enable or disable protocols as they see fit which results in incompatibilities with different devices. That will go away with HDMI 2.0 because all HDMI 2.0 devices will have to enable all of the CEC protocols (CEC Extended). There are no updates or upgrades that I know of for CEC. The easiest workaround is to disable CEC on all of your devices and use a programmable remote such as a Harmony.

All of your devices should be connected to your receiver with a single HDMI cable going to your tv. If you are using ARC (Audio Return Channel), I'd suggest disabling that and connect an optical cable from your tv to the receiver. That way, when ever you use the internal ATSC tuner of the tv, or use any SmartApps, the audio will be sent from the tv, via optical, to the receiver. Keep the tv speakers off. All of your other devices will send their audio to the receiver with just the video being sent to the tv. The ONLY advantage of ARC is that it eliminates the use of an optical cable. Both connection methods, ARC and optical, can only pass discrete 5.1 audio. If you connect other devices directly to the tv, quite often the tv can't, or won't, send any other audio formats other than stereo. Some tv's will allow what ever audio is presented to it via HDMI and pass that thru but I don't know about your particular Samsung. Most don't.

You will have to switch inputs following the above scenario but with a programmable remote like a Harmony, it's easy. I don't use ARC/CEC and just rely on my Harmony.
Reply Home Theater In A Box
Gear in this thread - HT-F6500 by PriceGrabber.com