Sony HT-SS370 with Samsung TV Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-08-2014, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony HT-SS370 with Samsung TV Problem

I just replaced my Sony Bravia TV with a new Samsung 7150 series set. I use the Sony HT-SS370 home theatre system. Setup is Comcast cable box and Sony Blu-Ray player IN to SS370 via HDMI cables, and HDMI out to TV.

When I had the SS370 hooked up to my Sony TV, whenever I turned on the set, the SS370 would show "SAT/CATV" in the display and the sound would play thru the system automatically with no problem.

Hooked up to the new Samsung, the SS370 turns on with "SAT/CATV" in the display (with sound playing) for about 15-20 seconds, then it switches to display "TV" with NO sound. I have to manually change the source to "SAT/CATV" via the remote. After that, it's fine... until the next time.

I've tried every setting I can on the TV with no success. Is this a setting with the TV, or the SS370, or both??

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! I like the current sound system, and hate to have to replace it over such a seemingly minor issue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-09-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 242
If you have CEC enabled, try disabling that. CEC protocols are not standardized in that the mfrs can choose to implement which protocols they want. The end result is that there will be incompatibilities and inconsistencies between devices if you are trying to control all of your HDMI-connected components with a single remote.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page