Netflix functions on Sony Blu-ray player? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-2014, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Netflix functions on Sony Blu-ray player?

I just started viewing Netflix and was pleased to discover that my Sony Blu-ray player (BDV-N790W) has a Netflix app built in. The audio and video are great, but I'm trying to figure out whether I can control the Netflix playback as well with the Sony remote as I can with my Roku remote.

I can't seem to find a way to get out of a video without pressing the Home button on the Sony's remote. I've tried all the "back" buttons I can find, but none of them take me back to the video's information screen or to the Browse screen on Netflix. When I press Home, I of course go to the main screen of the Blu-ray player and then have to go back into the Netflix app again.

The support info on Sony's website only talks about setting up Netflix; I couldn't find anything about using the remote to control Netflix. Does anyone here know of a way to back up one or two levels without completely leaving Netflix?

[edit] Hey, thanks, the Stop button worked! It's obvious to me now, but I probably didn't think of it because my Roku doesn't have a Stop button, so I thought that one of the back buttons should do the trick. Thanks!

Last edited by wintertime; 08-09-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Unable to post follow-up so I'm editing my original posting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-09-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertime View Post
I just started viewing Netflix and was pleased to discover that my Sony Blu-ray player (BDV-N790W) has a Netflix app built in. The audio and video are great, but I'm trying to figure out whether I can control the Netflix playback as well with the Sony remote as I can with my Roku remote.

I can't seem to find a way to get out of a video without pressing the Home button on the Sony's remote. I've tried all the "back" buttons I can find, but none of them take me back to the video's information screen or to the Browse screen on Netflix. When I press Home, I of course go to the main screen of the Blu-ray player and then have to go back into the Netflix app again.

The support info on Sony's website only talks about setting up Netflix; I couldn't find anything about using the remote to control Netflix. Does anyone here know of a way to back up one or two levels without completely leaving Netflix?
On my Sony Blu-ray hitting stop and then return takes me back to the Netflix browse screen. Or you can hit return twice when a video is playing and return to the browse screen.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page