Onkyo HT-S3500 and Chromecast Image/Color Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Onkyo HT-S3500 and Chromecast Image/Color Problem

Hello everyone, I have the Onkyo HT-S3500 hooked to a Optoma HD131Xe proyector, combo works perfectly, then I plugued in a Chromecat on one of the four HDMI slots of the HT and workes wonderfully too, until some months later one day suddently the image of the Chromecast become horrible unwatcheable yellowish/greenish colored, (all of the other HDMI sources still working good, Xbox, laptop, MHL, etc.) tried swaping it into other HDMI slots with same results, then tried pluging into some random TV and worked fine, colors were correct so its not my proyector or TV and apparently not the Chromecast neither (since it works fine on TV) but the Onkyo HT-S3500 Home Teather the problem. What could it be? Dunno what to do

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you dont know the answer please tell me where do you suggest me to ask for it? Thanks!
post #3 of 6 Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 244
If you think it's the Onkyo, have you called them?
post #4 of 6 Old 08-22-2014, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Have you tried resetting the chromecast?
post #5 of 6 Old 09-22-2014, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeHN View Post
Hello everyone, I have the Onkyo HT-S3500 hooked to a Optoma HD131Xe proyector, combo works perfectly, then I plugued in a Chromecat on one of the four HDMI slots of the HT and workes wonderfully too, until some months later one day suddently the image of the Chromecast become horrible unwatcheable yellowish/greenish colored, (all of the other HDMI sources still working good, Xbox, laptop, MHL, etc.) tried swaping it into other HDMI slots with same results, then tried pluging into some random TV and worked fine, colors were correct so its not my proyector or TV and apparently not the Chromecast neither (since it works fine on TV) but the Onkyo HT-S3500 Home Teather the problem. What could it be? Dunno what to do

Thanks in advance!
Did you disable the HDMI DEEP COLOR option of your HT-R391 receiver? This is an excerpt from the manual under APPENDIX:

- If the picture on your TV/monitor connected to the HDMI OUT is unstable, try switching the Deep Color function off. To turn off the DeepColor function, simultaneously press the CBL/SAT and the ON/STANDBY buttons on the AV receiver. While holding down CBL/SAT, press the ON/STANDBY until “Deep Color: Off” appears on the AV receiver’s display. Then, release both buttons. To reactivate the DeepColor function, repeat the above process until “Deep Color: On” appears on the AV receiver’s display and release the buttons.

If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Deep Color is one of those HDMI specs that never made it into consumer devices. Why mfrs still have it as an option is beyond me because it causes all kinds of issues. Disable it on all devices and forget about it.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List