AVS Forum banner

Back in the HTIB Market - ~$1000 Recs?

589 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DJ Matt 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Been living in Asia for the past few years, and moving back to the US right at the end of December. The most exciting part of moving back is upgrading my home viewing experience!

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on either the LG 65B6 or the 65E6, and I am looking for suggestions for a solid HTIB in the $1000 range (slightly over is ok too) to pair with it. I'll be living in an apartment for at least 18 months, so I don't need anything ridiculous, just a solid and reliable setup to get me through to a house and home cinema set up. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
For $1000 you can pick up a nice HTiB (receiver only and speakers) from Yamaha, Denon, or Onkyo. Just look at those in your price range and see what looks good to you. I would not recommend getting an integrated HTiB (one with a built-in blu-ray player).

I should have added that separates is always the best way to go. So if you want to spend a little more time in researching, you could probably put together a nice system for $1000+.

#3 ·
Thanks - I wasn't planning on getting the integrated BR player.

My reason for not wanting to put together a nice system is that this is a temporary stop for me. I'm looking to use this for 18-24 months, and then when we purchase a house, I plan on building a premium system with in wall speakers, etc. So basically I'd like a top notch HTIB to get me through the next 2 years :)

#4 ·
I bought the Onkyo HT-S7800 HTIB a couple weeks ago and am getting the LG OLED E6 delivered. I set it up and it is an incredibly nice sounding system and an upgrade over my previous system which was an Onkyo HT-S3300 system, especially during movies that have Dolby Atmos. I too live in an apartment and I would say the HT-S7800 is a perfect system for an apartment. I bought it for $899 which seems to be the price pretty much everywhere. For $899 the HT-S7800 is a great buy considering what your getting with it. Also, there are 8 HDMI inputs, 3 of which are HDCP 2.2 so you are setup for the future when you buy a 4K Blu-ray player.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.