Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LG Simplink Home theatre

Hi Guys,
I am looking for a decently priced LG home theatre system that works with my Current 1080p HDTV through simplink. I want the system to turn on and off with the HDTV. Looking forward to suggestions.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Disable ARC/CEC on the tv and HTS and just use a programmable remote like a Harmony. That way you're not dependent upon an HDMI connection and it will just work. That's what I do. SimpLink is LG's version of CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) of which there can be issues due to incompatibility. CEC is a great idea but is still fraught with all kinds of compatibility issues regardless of device or device mfr. Anynet+ is Samsung's version (I think) of CEC but is probably not compatible with Simplink. There are even compatibility issues with CEC within a mfr as well. There are no firmware updates that I am aware of that can fix a CEC incompatibility issue. If your tv is an LG and your HTS is an LG, in theory CEC should work just fine because they are the same mfr but it is not guaranteed, especially if one is older than the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater In A Box